Word censor doesn't work with cyrilic

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
DreadNAXt

Word censor doesn't work with cyrilic

Post by DreadNAXt » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:12 pm

Hello. I have problem with word censor. If the Word is write in russian, th censor doesn't replace it. If Word write in english, and Replacement write in russian, it works perfect. Also if Word and Replacement write in english, it works (that's obvious i think :) ) So, the question is, how to make censor to replace Word, writed in russian?

Stefan Koopmanschap
Former Team Member

Post by Stefan Koopmanschap » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:52 pm

sounds to me like that could be an encoding problem (for instance if one of the russian versions is written in UTF-8, and the other in another character set)

Stefan Koopmanschap
Former Team Member

Post by Stefan Koopmanschap » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:56 pm

sounds to me like that could be an encoding problem (for instance if one of the russian versions is written in UTF-8, and the other in another character set)

DreadNAXt

Post by DreadNAXt » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:31 pm

I've tried to enter the Word directlyh in mysql table in different charsets, but for any charset, the text in table shows normal for any other charset (for ex. if i wrote it in KOI8-R and then switch browser charset to any other cyrillic charset, it is still readable, such if browser charset was KOI8-R). And another thing is that phpBB search works normal with russian (i think if i was encoding broblem, then the search won't work too).

DreadNAXt

Post by DreadNAXt » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:11 pm

All right now. I found an answer on www.phpbbguru.net (russian phpBB support site). The solution was in uncommenting tis line setlocale(LC_ALL, 'ru_RU.CP1251'); in /lang_russian/lang_main.php :)

kulinar

Post by kulinar » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:40 pm

Stefan Koopmanschap wrote: sounds to me like that could be an encoding problem (for instance if one of the russian versions is written in UTF-8, and the other in another character set)
Well, it is NOT an encoding problem. My board is cyrillic too and the encoding is win-1251. After applying this

Code: Select all

setlocale(LC_CTYPE, "bg_BG.CP1251"); 
setlocale(LC_COLLATE, "bg_BG.CP1251");
at the beginning of lang_main.php, the bug was fixed. 10x plamendp for offering working solution 8)

I think this bug should be reported :roll:

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”