Well, my forums were working...

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
torio

Well, my forums were working...

Post by torio »

I finally got everything the way I wanted it, and when I wanted to make sure everything was working great on last time, this message popped up:

"Security Alert! The PHP CGI cannot be accessed directly.
This PHP CGI binary was compiled with force-cgi-redirect enabled. This means that a page will only be served up if the REDIRECT_STATUS CGI variable is set, e.g. via an Apache Action directive.

For more information as to why this behaviour exists, see the manual page for CGI security.

For more information about changing this behaviour or re-enabling this webserver, consult the installation file that came with this distribution, or visit the manual page."

I'm a newbie at this stuff, and I figured maybe this has happened to one of you all before. If you can let me know how I might be able to fix this, I would greatly appreciate it.

By the way, the url is:

www.reviewerpost.com/newforum

Thanks in advance,

Torio
Sphen

Post by Sphen »

Hi,

I can't even get to your forum as it can't connect to the database.

However, your issue was caused by running PHP as a CGI module instead of an Apache module. In short, it's to do with how your PHP code is set up, and not phpBB. Your best bet would be to reinstall PHP as an Apache module. There are lot's of instructions on how to do this at http://www.php.net

Hope this helps :D

Sphen
I think, therefore I am, I think...
My previous posts are under the name "UberSphen"
torio

Post by torio »

Ok, thanks a bunch, I'll try that. I just think it's weird that it was working just fine and a couple of hours later I come back to it and I get that error. Strange..

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”