How can I set my forum to be at my domain's index page?

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
tagamet

How can I set my forum to be at my domain's index page?

Post by tagamet »

I am needing to find out what tool to use or if it is possible to configure my forum so that it can be found upon visit to my top-level domain.
My index.php is currently in the phpbb folder, of course, and I desire an index in my root folder. Is this too simple? Any feedback?
Hynee

Post by Hynee »

Firstly, you'll need phpBB to be at the root of your server.

On Apache servers index.php will almost certainly be recognised as the index file. If not, you can make it so with a .htaccess file, someone can tell you how to do it if you have Apache.

On IIS server or something else, you'll have to set index.php to be the default page, or set up a page that will be recognised as the index page (eg, Default.asp on IIS) to forward the user to index.php, a simple <meta> refresh should do it.

Post more info on server type and the access you have (cpanel etc).
tagamet

Post by tagamet »

Thanks,
I am on a remote hosted UNIX server at Host Department using their control panel. Does this mean that I should empty the contents of the phpbb folder into my root directory? Or can I change the name of the phpbb folder?
Nekaid

Post by Nekaid »

Just try putting it in the root directory. If that does not work, then try renaming it.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”