Created site, now can't get in

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
wfletcher2@comcast.net

Created site, now can't get in

Post by wfletcher2@comcast.net » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:54 am

I got the site created, but had probs with cgi errors. Got that straighten through a new install. Tables created in MySQL just fine. But now when I go to enter the site, it asks for a logon and I can't get in with any combination of username/password. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanx up front!!
the time has come the walrus said to speak of many things;
of shoes and ships and cieling wax;
of cabbages and kings;
of why the sea is boiling hot and whether pigs have wings.

Thanx
w-

actieman

Post by actieman » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:36 pm

Hi there,

You could try and manually insert an account via the mysql prompt.
The only problem is that the account would be incomplete, but you could try it .. it might get you in.
Then you could create a good and proper account within the forum itself and make it an administrator.

Greetz

ScionCrow

Post by ScionCrow » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:56 pm

actieman wrote: Hi there,

You could try and manually insert an account via the mysql prompt.
The only problem is that the account would be incomplete, but you could try it .. it might get you in.
Then you could create a good and proper account within the forum itself and make it an administrator.

Greetz

There's a problem with that. The passwords are encrypted into the database and hard to crack... I've personally seen it and I can't figure it out.

The only way I can suggest is to reinstall the forum... It's the only thing I can help though as actually creating an account via phpMyAdmin is difficult if you know how it's encrypted..
No longer supporting phpBB. PM or email me regarding support and you will be ignored. I'm fully done with phpBB and everything.

planethax

Post by planethax » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:02 pm

does it say invalid passord? or just go back to main page?

planethax

Post by planethax » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:03 pm

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”