After restoring backup, can't access forum , got errors!

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
PaSsEr

After restoring backup, can't access forum , got errors!

Post by PaSsEr » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:36 pm

Hi, i have created a backup from my old forum.

After restoring the backup on the new/fresh forum i just installed, i can't access the forum anymore. Now when i try to access it, i will get this error:

phpBB : Critical Error

Error creating new session

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'session_admin' in 'field list'

INSERT INTO phpbb_sessions (session_id, session_user_id, session_start, session_time, session_ip, session_page, session_logged_in, session_admin) VALUES ('e48988c839f51facc1d10e7d8c1e9be9', -1, 1121690510, 1121690510, 'ca9c02ca', 0, 0, 0)

Line : 172
File : sessions.php

Trying searching this forum for help, but i can't seems to find it.

actieman

Post by actieman » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:44 pm

Hi there,

Had the same problem .. i don't have a sollution, but i do have a way that i fixed it.

Backup you mysql phpBB data folder ( name it phpbb_backup or what ever ) .. remove it now .. remove all the phpBB files on your webserver.

Unzip the phpBB installation files again on your webserver, create a new database in the Mysql Server.
Install the new phpBB again on the new created database ( e.g. phpbb ) then transfer all the data you backed up back to the new database via phpmyadmin ( this offcourse if you had allot of data stored in you previous forum .. if you don't i really suggest to reinstall it .. that will make things work ( remove mysql phpbb database, phpBB files on webserver )

Hoop this will help you al little bit

Greetz

PaSsEr

Post by PaSsEr » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:42 pm

Thanks but i do not quite understand you. But nevermind, i have fixed the problem, i found the answer by searching in this forum again.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”