Posting Font Drop Box - Hex Codes?

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
commanderyoda

Posting Font Drop Box - Hex Codes?

Post by commanderyoda »

Does anyone know if you can substitute the actual hex code (example "#336699") for the actual name of the posting font color (example "brown") in the php code?

I know you can manually insert any given color hex code within the tags in the posting box. But I would like to be able to actually change the default drop box colors via changing their name codes in the php script to hex codes.

tahoebuff
Name: Michael

Post by tahoebuff »

I'm not sure if this would be something that would interest you....but, this mod adds a great Color Font Bar where you post.

Tahoebuff

commanderyoda

Post by commanderyoda »

Thanks and yes I know about the color bar mod. It's a good one (once you make a few needed corrections to the script), but unfortunately this isn't what I'm looking for, but I do appreciate your suggestion very much.

I do have another related question . . . in case the hex code conversion cannot be done as requested in my original post . . . what file(s) need to be altered in order to change the existing drop down font colors?

Example, suppose I don't want the "Dark Blue" posting font but want to substitute it for a "Light Blue" posting font? What file(s) need to be changed to do this?

tahoebuff
Name: Michael

Post by tahoebuff »

I'm not great with code...but, I think you'll find what your looking for in your template's posting_body.tpl

(around line 358 in subSilver)

Tahoebuff

commanderyoda

Post by commanderyoda »

Thanks Tahoebuff for your assistance here. I had already attempted to change the "posting_body.tpl" file but that didn't work too well. Specifically, I entered that file and changed the "Dark Blue" to "Light Blue". I then went to the "lang_main.php" and changed it from "Dark Blue" to "Light Blue" as well. This resulted in the font actually changing to Light Blue, however in the drop down color font box there was a blank (no "Light Blue" name) that should have been listed.

I think I'm real close to resolving this issue but will have to play with it somemore. But that's the fun of php code! We get to experiment and learn as we go! Thanks for all your help!

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”