Stop e-mail notices of posts on a specific section?

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
commanderyoda

Stop e-mail notices of posts on a specific section?

Post by commanderyoda »

I have a specific section of my forum dedicated to "TESTING". I know under each user's Profile section they can elect to receive e-mail notices of Post's added to the site. However, I would like to configure this particular "TESTING" section of the Forum so that NO e-mail notices of post's to this section go out. Can that be done?

It just doesn't make sense for the entire board to recieve an e-mail notice every time somebody tests a font or color in this section.

I'm running an un-modified version of Sub-Silver.

CTCNetwork
Former Team Member

Post by CTCNetwork »

Hi,

eMail notifications should only be going to the member that requested the notifications.

Unless you have a MOD installed that mails everyone when a Post is made...

If you do then you will need to ask the MOD author for assistance, or post on the release topic for the MOD.
Or on the forum you downloaded it from...

Good Luck,

Des. . . :wink:
Density:- Not just a measurement~Its a whole way of Life.! ! !
| Welcome! | RTFM!!! | Search! It's Easy! | Problem? | Spam? | Advice! |

commanderyoda

Post by commanderyoda »

Thanks for the quick response. You are correct that the e-mails only go out to those who configured to receive them. I think what I'm searching for is a way to shut that "E-mail Notification" feature off all together for my Testing Section of my board.

The answer will probably have to be in a special Mod or Hack, at least that would be my guess, because I don't see a way to universally defeat this e-mail notification feature for a particular section of the board. Am I correct on this?

geocator

Post by geocator »

Yes you will have to have a MOD, and I have never seen one to do that. I recomend posting in MOD Requests.

commanderyoda

Post by commanderyoda »

Yep . . . that's pretty much what I figured. Thanks, I'll post it there.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”