HELP! NO Admin panel menu available after upgrade to 2.0.17.

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Draxxx007

Post by Draxxx007 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:41 am

With this method for update described, wouldn't this fail if there are SQL table updates?

Thanks!

geocator

Post by geocator » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:52 am

They are not describing an update method, they are descibing a fix the board method.

But you can always run update_to_latest.php to be sure.

Draxxx007

Post by Draxxx007 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:23 am

With this method for update described, wouldn't this fail if there are SQL table updates?

Thanks!

geocator

Post by geocator » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:44 am

geocator wrote: They are not describing an update method, they are descibing a fix the board method.

But you can always run update_to_latest.php to be sure.

CAPZkilla

Post by CAPZkilla » Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:03 am

:?

still find it odd that this thing happened with no mods what so ever
did that fix it by the way?
- [ Someone.Inc ] -

rcrodgers

Post by rcrodgers » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:24 pm

I'm getting a similar issue on .17 on a fresh install instead of an upgrade or update. The odd thing with my situation is that another installation on a different machine seems fine...

Here's the setup: both machines are configured to use PHP 5.0.4, PostgreSQL 8.0.x, and phpBB 2.0.17. The working installation is on a box with Fedora Core 4, with Apache 2.x. The box that i'm having problems with is running OpenBSD 3.7 with Apache 1.3.x.

I'm not convinced that the problem is corrupted PHP files or PHP 5.x, as I sometimes get the administration control panel frame on the OpenBSD box, and other times I don't. Furthermore, the confiiguration and installation files were transferred to the OpenBSD box from the Fedora box using subversion; and the files still check out without any differences. (The Fedora box is my development box, the OpenBSD one is my "deployed" publicly available box.)

When initially going to the administration control panel, I have frames, but when I click on an item, such as General Configuration, I lose the frames on the OpenBSD box. The Fedora box keeps the frames.

I just did a browser based test and found something else interesting: Firefox 1.0.6 (on Fedora) is having this problem where as Opera 8.01 (also on Fedora) isn't. I'll check with Internet Explorer later as well as with Firefox under Windows.

rcrodgers

Post by rcrodgers » Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:17 pm

The Administration panel works fine in Firefox 1.0.6 on Windows as well as IE 6.0.1... I've cleared the cache and cookies repeatedly in Firefox 1.0.6 on Linux (Fedora) without curing this issue... It may just be one of those rare web oddities, but I think we can rule out PHP 5.x and file corruption.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:31 am

rcrodgers wrote: The Administration panel works fine in Firefox 1.0.6 on Windows as well as IE 6.0.1... I've cleared the cache and cookies repeatedly in Firefox 1.0.6 on Linux (Fedora) without curing this issue... It may just be one of those rare web oddities, but I think we can rule out PHP 5.x and file corruption.

I wouldn't rule out php5 until you have downgraded php and tested.
php5 causes mandy random and unexplainable errors like what you have described.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”