Shopping for Hosting Site.

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Addammer

Shopping for Hosting Site.

Post by Addammer » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:02 pm

I have been shopping for a hosting site for my bulletin and need to know what I need in a hosting to site to run vbb. I have been comparing sites like Canaca.com, and Inmotionhosting.com. I have heard bad things about Canaca and want to see if inmotion will fit my needs. What kind of scripts or languages will I need? I am very new to this, so please respond accordingly.

Thank you,
Adam
Caution New-B

fumbalah

Post by fumbalah » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:10 pm

VBB?,,,and you will want to take this over to http://www.webhostingtalk.com. phpBB support isnt for hosting discussion

Addammer

Post by Addammer » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:15 pm

It appears as if you do not understand what I am asking. I want to know what a hosting site would need in order to run phpbb. Scripts? Languages? I also want to run Mail2Forum. Does it need anything special?
Caution New-B

fumbalah

Post by fumbalah » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:17 pm

All your host needs to have is PHP, MYSQL and Apache, or the appropriate windows alternatives, PHP, MSSQL, and IIS. depending on whether you use windows or linux based hosting. I doubt there will be any problems with MAIL2Forum, but you should check over at there site to make sure, we cant support integrating MAIL2forum into phpBB.

BMX DIRECT

Post by BMX DIRECT » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:00 pm

Try these guys, they have a few different price packages and they support php. In fact they give you a free php board with the hosting deal.
http://www.ehostone.net

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”