Emailing questions out to all members as they are posted

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
rwalkerphl

Emailing questions out to all members as they are posted

Post by rwalkerphl »

Is there any way I can set up PHPBB to send an email to all members if a question is posted to the board?

Thanks!

Robin.
gmex2006

Post by gmex2006 »

Do wish that an e-mail is sent whenever a question is made or rather when a new post is made?
gmex2006

Post by gmex2006 »

I have just found the MOD for New Post E-mail notification, which I think may be of relevance to you.

For a an instant e-mail notification of only questions, I think you should ask in the MOD requests forum for more information.

Good Luck. :wink:
rwalkerphl

Post by rwalkerphl »

Ideally, whenever a new question is posted. Could you also set it up tofor a user to be able subscribe to a question if they wish.

Thanks!

Robin.
gmex2006

Post by gmex2006 »

Well As you most probably know, phpbb2 does have an inbuilt notification system to users.

I think the Forum Notification mod may interest please check it and let me know if it does fit your requirements.

Forum Notification MOD

EDIT : ADDED

Notification Guide
rwalkerphl

Post by rwalkerphl »

I'm not sure if I am on v2 or not, but is that where you get an email if someone replies, or can you set it up to send an email to everyone when a post is made?

Thanks.
gmex2006

Post by gmex2006 »

First of all please ensure that you are using the latest version of phpbb 2.0.17 if not please update your forum as soon as possible.

Detailed Updating Instructions

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”