Very basic question about where files are...

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
corsica

Very basic question about where files are...

Post by corsica »

Hey all.

I am looking for the files that contain, for example, the agreement terms a ne user must agree to, before registering. Files that contain the text which will be sent in a confirmation email. Basically, where in the phpbb complete package folder can I find the text the user reads on the forum, besides the post.

Thanks!
geocator

Post by geocator »

The language directory contains several files involved. Most everything is in lang_main.php except the email templates which are in the email sub-directory.
corsica

Post by corsica »

Thanks a lot geocator.

However, another question.
Themes like Appalachia and Ad Infinitum are justified in the center of the page, and always have like 100 pixel paddings on both sides of the page. And themes like subsilver are spread over the entire width of the page. Do you have any idea of the simplest way to modify subsilver and limit the page width?

Thanks!
geocator

Post by geocator »

You have to edit the confining tables and give them a specific width. I do not recall of the top of my head which ones, but start in overall_header.tpl
corsica

Post by corsica »

You can't just rearrange it.
gmex2006

Post by gmex2006 »

I am glad that you have been able to find a solution to your queries, just a small notice; as per the rules and regulations of the phpbb forum your avatar should be a maximum size of 90x90.
Rules and Regulations wrote: Displays a small graphic image below your details in posts. Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 90 pixels, the height no greater than 90 pixels, and the file size no more than 6 KB.

Thanxs
Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

Perhaps you should read the rules yourself ;) backseat moderating is not desired
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
My Links: Blog!
gmex2006

Post by gmex2006 »

Graham wrote: Perhaps you should read the rules yourself ;) backseat moderating is not desired

I was just trying to help, I was not aware that this was considered as "backseat moderating" (I did not even know what it did meant until I read this link. I do apologise and will ensure that such comments will not arise again.

Please accept my sincere excuses.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”