Who knows the answer to this...

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
jmbb

Who knows the answer to this...

Post by jmbb »

Hi. 2 questions:

1. I'm having problems with my recently installed board version 2.017 not displaying correctly in another language. The language file is correct and it has the ISO-8859-1 settings in it. Also, I installed one of the eXtreme styles and required mod and it displays fine in Firefox but a little bit different in IE.

Both problems above is fixed when I change the character encoding to Western ISO-8859-1 in my browser (IE and firefox). However, when I click on a link in my forum or go to another page in the forum I have to manually reset that setting in my browser over and over again. I know some setting must be missing in my board to force the browser to use those settings.

Again, my spanish language file is correct and I have even tried language files from currently working boards out there.

Both, skin displaying and 20% gibberish spanish code in my forum boils down to ISO-8859-1 problem. How can I fix this problem guys? Users should not be changing their browser settings every 2 seconds to view my forum correctly... This board is a brand new installation on a VPS and no, never restored anything, it has absolutely no data.

2. What folder do you install the fonts? Could that be a problem if not installed?
jmbb

Post by jmbb »

I guess nobody knows. I'll answer myself as I found the cause of the problem and it might help other users looking in the archives.

Nobody has answer my question # 2 though...

I contacted my host and asked him to check the webservers for me. Everything is working fine now. This was his response.

"I have set the webserver to deliver pages as they are, not to automatically set them to an charser."

So there you have it if you are having language display problems.
gmex2006

Post by gmex2006 »

Thank you for taking the time to state how you did resolve your problem. I am sure that it will help other users experiencing similar problems in the future. :wink:

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”