Avatar measurments not applying...

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
eliasvict

Avatar measurments not applying...

Post by eliasvict »

I specified avatars to be max 80 X 80 for my boards but then someone hooked one up that is 147 X 160. Is there a way I can disallow avatars of that size?
gmex2006

Post by gmex2006 »

If you have restricted the avatar size to be 80 x 80, it should not allow users to post larger avatars. Did you install a mod or made a modification that may have altered the phpbb settings? If that is not the case, I suggest you to post a Support Request form, to allow other members to help you solve your problem.

P.S: You can always try to set up rules and regulations stipulating the size of avatars that you will normally allow on your forum.
beatme101

Post by beatme101 »

I'm sure a simple mod search would have turned up this mod...
eliasvict

Post by eliasvict »

But I dont want to resize the avatar, that would lead to a bunch of jacked up avatars. I just want to disallow oversized avatars. I am using the sub silver template and have changed a few table and background colors but those are the only changes I have made.
Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager
Name: Yuriy Rusko

Post by Marshalrusty »

eliasvict wrote: But I dont want to resize the avatar, that would lead to a bunch of jacked up avatars. I just want to disallow oversized avatars. I am using the sub silver template and have changed a few table and background colors but those are the only changes I have made.

It is nearly impossible to restrict the size of remote avatars. Thee are ways around it. That said, that MOD is a good way to go. Also set a rule on your site about avatars. When people break that rule, warn them and then temp ban.
Have comments/praise/complaints/suggestions? Please feel free to PM me.

Need private help? Hire me for all your phpBB and web development needs
gmex2006

Post by gmex2006 »

You can also add a mod that will require administrator or moderator approval before displaying the avatar on your forum. Please find the link to this mod here

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”