I do not want to give up on phpbb

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
JamesD

I do not want to give up on phpbb

Post by JamesD »

Hey,

I want to set up my forum to add the mods for a gallery, calendar and a couple of things.

I am not the most advanced on the forum so I was wanting to know if there was anyone on IM who could take me through it all.

If i post messages here every time I get stuck with simple things I will crash the site.

So anyone on IM with a bit of time and the know?

Thanks
Quigley

Post by Quigley »

You don't need to be a php programmer to install a board with a few mods. If i could do it, anyone can, the trick is to read everything carefully and slowly and just follow the directions.
The best thing i found for installing mods was to first install a program called easymod, and even though most mods look complicated with tons of lines to edit, a lot of them install simply with easymod.
If you need to edit php files, just follow directions and edit using a microsoft word doc.
If you have any specific questions, you'll get a response real quick and everyone here is very helpfull and will stick with you until things are resolved. Give it a try.
ScionCrow

Post by ScionCrow »

Additionally, there is a KB article that can help: http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article.php?article_id=175

All I can say, try modding yourself and if you still can't get it. Try asking around on a few forums but, here is not the place for recruitment.
No longer supporting phpBB. PM or email me regarding support and you will be ignored. I'm fully done with phpBB and everything.
gmex2006

Post by gmex2006 »

Hi, First of all I would recommend you to read the following article : Installing a Mod. It is very important to try to install yourself since, most probably, no one will be able to do it for you.

If you do encounter problems in the mod installation process, please post in the appropriate MOD Support forum to get help from the mod writers and other members experienced with such MOD.

You can always search the phpBB MODs database or try the phpBB Hacks for your desired mods.

P.S : I strongly discourage you to give your personal information such as your database password, ftp logins or administrator's password as some people may take advantage of your site and make irreversible changes to it
JamesD

Post by JamesD »

thanks for all of that, i installed easymod but and tried to install the spellcheck - but only this did not work.

So I tried the gallery and I get this error.

Installation Failed
EasyMOD encountered the following error(s). A general error could be ABC. A critical error means D and you should do XYZ.

Error Detail

Warning

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/iCGstation/overall_header.tpl] could not find:

<td align="center" width="100%" valign="middle"><span class="maintitle">{SITENAME}</span><br /><span class="gen">{SITE_DESCRIPTION}<br />&nbsp; </span>
<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" border="0">
<tr>
<td align="center" valign="top" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="mainmenu">

MOD script line #218 :: FAQ :: Report

Error Detail

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [includes/usercp_viewprofile.php] could not find:

'U_SEARCH_USER' => append_sid("search.$phpEx?search_author=" . urlencode($profiledata['username'])),

MOD script line #257 :: FAQ :: Report

MOD Data
MOD Title: Photo Album v2 for phpBB2 2.0.53 install.txt
Author: Smartor smartor_xp@hotmail.com Hoang Ngoc Tu http://smartor.is-root.com
Processed Themes: iCGstation; smartBlue; subSilver
Processed Languages: english; albanian; arabic; asturian; azerbaijani; bosnian; bulgarian; catalan; chinese_simplified; chinese_traditional_taiwan; croatian; czech; dutch; estonian; french; galego; german; german_sie; greek; hebrew; hungarian; icelandic; indonesian; italian; japanese; korean; kurdish; lithuanian; macedonian; mongolian; norwegian; polish; portuguese; portuguese_brazil; romanian; romanian_no_diacritics; russian; russian_tu; serbian; serbian_cyrillic; slovak; spanish; spanish_argentina; thai; turkish; uighur; ukrainian; welsh
Files Edited: 11
Commands Processed: 19
Unprocessed Commands: 0

The following commands were not recognized by EasyMOD and were ignored. The MOD script line number is displayed.
ScionCrow

Post by ScionCrow »

Please direct all issues relating to EasyMOD here: EasyMOD Dev Forum. We can't really help with issues with it though..

I personally don't recommend using EasyMOD at all because of 'issues' with some MODs...
No longer supporting phpBB. PM or email me regarding support and you will be ignored. I'm fully done with phpBB and everything.
ComputerBob

Post by ComputerBob »

Quigley wrote: If you need to edit php files, just follow directions and edit using a microsoft word doc.

That is absolutely wrong. Never use Microsoft Word or any other "word processor" to edit php files -- they will add all kinds of formatting code to the php code and mess it up.

Always use a text editor, like Windows Notepad or one of the many Notepad replacements to edit php files.
ComputerBob - Making Geek-Speak Chic™
http://www.computerbob.com
One Of The Largest One-Person Sites In The World
With Tons of Information, Software, Help, and Fun

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”