tags like; [ Administrator ] [ Moderator ]

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
siddis

tags like; [ Administrator ] [ Moderator ]

Post by siddis »

I have created more groups like ADMIN and MOD.
How do i create the grouptags like [ Administrator ] [ Moderator ] and with different colors?

I would like the Registered users to appear in the same color as their group.

thx
ScionCrow

Post by ScionCrow »

You can edit several files to add more Colored Usernames or simply MOD your forum. Color Groups was a popular choice but, it had way too many queries on the index.

Tri-Force: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... hlight=tri - A good choice but, is slightly limited to the colored groups.
Advanced Username Color: http://phpbb-amod.com/main.html - Like Color Groups but, less queries and add an 'unlimited' amount of "colored groups"
No longer supporting phpBB. PM or email me regarding support and you will be ignored. I'm fully done with phpBB and everything.
gmex2006

Post by gmex2006 »

Hi,

I suggest you to take a look at the following mods,

1. Extend Rank Color
This hack allows you the possibility to add color ranks into "Who is online" page and into "Who is online" box in bottom of the index. You can create color ranks via the ACP.

You can also put in colour your various groups of users (phpBB usergroups) on the index and the view online page.

2. Glowing Rank

This hack makes certain ranks glow by your specifications. No confusing php to look at, just simple copy and paste, with small editing here and there. It makes your forums look great and the names of moderators and/or administrators stand out. Easy, quick, and almost error free.

3. Custom Title Hack
This hack allows users to choose thier own username color on viewtopic in their profile and on registration (unless you dont add that code) and/or when they have XX posts (if you use the XX posts then you should not add the field in register area).

4. Color Groups
This hack will replace the current username colorization with a group system. You may define your group name, group color and group members.

I hope that will help you. If not, you can always try the MOD requests forum and try asking for a MOD that will suite your needs
siddis

Post by siddis »

Great thx ... alt.4 Color Groups was what i wanted.

now i just have a little SQL error - looking like this:

-------------------------------------------
Error querying the users table.

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'hallungen_com.COLOR_GROUPS_TABLE' doesn't exist

SELECT group_id, group_name FROM COLOR_GROUPS_TABLE

Line : 145
File : admin_color_groups.php
---------------------------------------------
going to my phpbb_color_groups in my sql ... exactly how should the query look like?
ScionCrow

Post by ScionCrow »

You haven't done the SQL Queries that was needed or haven't done the necessary "db_update.php" file or whatever. Make sure to run that.. if you still need help, post in the MOD Release topic here or post in the support forum where you have gotten the MOD.
No longer supporting phpBB. PM or email me regarding support and you will be ignored. I'm fully done with phpBB and everything.
pentapenguin
Former Team Member

Post by pentapenguin »

You forgot to edit the includes/constants.php file.
For further help with the MOD, please do as ScionCrow already said--post on the preexisting thread in the MOD forums. :)
Support Resources: Support Request Template
If you need professional assistance with your board, please contact me for my reasonable rates.
gmex2006

Post by gmex2006 »

Hi siddis,

I think that you have forgotten to run the install file, to run the install file simply in type the following link

Code: Select all

http://www.yourdomain.com/yourforumfolder/nivisec_install.php
I think that this would install the required files.

If you do require more help, the MOD author will be more apt to reply to you as he/she will know the script and possible errors. Please follow this link for the MOD Author website.
geocator

Post by geocator »

pentapenguin wrote: You forgot to edit the includes/constants.php file.

This would be the correct answer, any time table names show up in all caps like that in the error message it is do to constants.php not being edited.
siddis

Post by siddis »

geocator wrote:
pentapenguin wrote:You forgot to edit the includes/constants.php file.

This would be the correct answer, any time table names show up in all caps like that in the error message it is do to constants.php not being edited.

I just checked the includes/constants.php file , and it was edited OK !?!

Have posted in the phpbbhacks.com/forums also, but still waiting for reply.

thx
siddis

Post by siddis »

This is what i sent ... more detailed:
siddis wrote: Hi,

I just installed Nivisec color groups 1.2.1 and get the following debug error when i choose Color Groups from my Group Admin:

-------------------------------------------
Error querying the users table.

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'hallungen_com.COLOR_GROUPS_TABLE' doesn't exist

SELECT group_id, group_name FROM COLOR_GROUPS_TABLE

Line : 145
File : admin_color_groups.php
---------------------------------------------

* When i log on to my phpMyAdmin 2.5.7-pl1

i see the phpbb_color_groups in the left table.

and my admin_color_groups.php file looks like this from line 144:

$sql = 'SELECT group_id, group_name FROM ' . COLOR_GROUPS_TABLE;
if (!$result = $db->sql_query($sql)) message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, $lang['Error_Users_Table'], '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
while ($row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result))
{
$c_groups[$row['group_id']] = stripslashes($row['group_name']);
}
return $c_groups;
}

What could be wrong?
Please help any.

Thanks and regards
siddis

Post by siddis »

this i dont understand:
"SQL Error : 1146 Table 'hallungen_com.COLOR_GROUPS_TABLE' doesn't exist"

I look in mySQL, and i have both phpbb_categories and phpbb_color_groups

!?!
arhodes16
Former Team Member

Post by arhodes16 »

Hi,

As others have noted for any further support on this mod then you need to either post in the mod release topic here at phpbb.com or at the author's site where appropriate, we can't provide mod support in this forum.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”