forum menu bar - show and hide buttons..

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
fad3d

forum menu bar - show and hide buttons..

Post by fad3d »

hi, i'd like to make it on my forum menu that, if you login, the register button becomes a logoff button, and my login button (which i have yet to add) will just be hidden.

I have no idea how to show/change/hide things like that, so any help would be appreciated.
gmex2006

Post by gmex2006 »

If I am not mistaken, I think that you should ask for it in the MOD Request Forum.

I tried a similar approach in a Flash movie but currently I am experiencing some problems and as soon as I will be able to sort everything out I will be glad to share it with you. :wink:
fad3d

Post by fad3d »

that would be great if you would share it with me whenu get a way of doing that, though if anyone else has done something similar to this, anything would help.

I'll see how this post goes before requesting a mod.
gmex2006

Post by gmex2006 »

fad3d wrote: that would be great if you would share it with me whenu get a way of doing that, though if anyone else has done something similar to this, anything would help.

I'll see how this post goes before requesting a mod.

Well I will try to do my best to finish it! I am still learning actionscript and the php integration will take some time. Please do not rely on me for a fully operational movie in a near future.

I am sorry. But I promise that I will PM you as soon as I finish! :wink:
camm15h
Former Team Member
Name: Paul Cammish

Post by camm15h »

There's a mod which does something similar to what you require, it's called 'Qbars' if I remember correctly.

It works on a login/logout permission basis but you can position the buttons so that the register button appears to change to a logout button etc.

Regards.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

this is done with "switches"
like this:

Code: Select all

<!-- BEGIN switch_user_logged_in -->
Logged in people see only this
<!-- END switch_user_logged_in -->

<!-- BEGIN switch_user_logged_out -->
Guests only see this
<!-- END switch_user_logged_out -->
robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
fad3d

Post by fad3d »

thanks, i will try out using the switches & gmex2006 i'll look forward to your pm, even if this works, i'd still like to see your idea when its done. thanks.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”