unable to access this site with critical error

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Razgo2

unable to access this site with critical error

Post by Razgo2 »

I get this error code.

"phpBB : Critical Error

Couldn't get theme data for themes_id=4"

I can see I am still logged in as Razgo. as I had to clear out all my cookies and temp files to even get this page again.

So I registered Razgo2 to get this far. Why is it still showing me "Razgo" online?

I had the blue theme selected in my profile if thats any help.

thanks
Razgo

scotshin7

Post by scotshin7 »

Which was (IIRC) originally created by me... :mrgreen:
Richard S.: phpBB Groupie
Always Image Search before asking questions!

gameofhit

Post by gameofhit »

scotshin7 wrote: Which was (IIRC) originally created by me... :mrgreen:

Well, if it had been created by someone else, it would have looked a whole lot different, eh? :roll:

http://www.theonion.com/onion3311/microsoftpatents.html

Razgo2

Post by Razgo2 »

I was talking about this forum. phpBB2 forum.

not on my forum.

I had been using different themes in my profile, but the last one was the blue one. the themes were working perfectly here.

gameofhit

Post by gameofhit »

Well... the problem is still the same thing, just you can't do the changing of the DB. pm an admin, and they should be able to clear things up for you ;)

Razgo

Post by Razgo »

Ok I managed to log in under Razgo without any errors now. I went to my profile and see that my theme has been set to subsilver now. before it was on the blue theme.

I leave themes alone here I think, and stick with the default. i just wanted to see what the others looked like.

something must have happend while I was logged in as I quite often don't log out. so when I came here the next day I was unable to access this site.
*Razgo*
- Forum http://music.razgo.com

gameofhit

Post by gameofhit »

You probly tried to login during the transition from PSO to Euclid. I dunno what the issues with that were, but I would guess that after the changes were made, some repair work (like this) had to be done by the devs :D

Infinite Void

please help

Post by Infinite Void »

Hi,

I created a new style in the Admin Center (index.htm template not subSilver template) and selected the style with my Admin account. Now I get this error:

phpBB : Critical Error
Couldn't open index.htm template config file

I searched the forums for an answer but apparently nobody has ever created a new style with the index.htm template. The above MySQL command does not work for me. Any ideas?

psoTFX
Former Team Member

Post by psoTFX »

Please tell me you're kidding ... index.htm is just a blank page in several directories to keep nosey parkers out ...

Nothlit

Post by Nothlit »

You have to admit it could be a bit confusing to someone unfamiliar with templates, because "index.htm" does indeed appear on the drop-down list of available templates. Granted, I never mistook it for a template, but... ;)

psoTFX
Former Team Member

Post by psoTFX »

Then it's a bug, and everyone knows what to do with bugs don't they ;)

Infinite Void

Post by Infinite Void »

Well, I registered a new user and gave him admin powers via phpMyAdmin. Sort of fixed it...

Thanks anyway =)

Pit
Security Consultant

Post by Pit »

psoTFX wrote: Then it's a bug, and everyone knows what to do with bugs don't they ;)

Eat them. Jump on them. Put down poison. Feed them to the lizard. Put them outside. Pull their legs off. Pull their wings off. Set them on fire. Paint them silver. Coat them with glue and drop them on bare soil. Drop pebbles on them and see how long they last. Pull their cases off. Drop treacle on their backs. Put them in a jar full of water and see how long they last. Freeze them in the freezer and see if they survive. Battle them against each other in an ashtray. Hold them over the kettle with tweezers and see how long they last. If they have a nest, find it, make lots of small holes in ground with garden fork, fill holes with bicarbonate of soda, turn soil over a bit, and then pour vinegar on. Follow up with boiling water and domestos. Or submit them on sourceforge. :P
super fun rainbow colour sig

The_Systech
Former Team Member

Post by The_Systech »

Leave it to Pit to find a way to be almost completly and totally off topic without quite actually being off topic :D
Jonathan L. Haase - Ex-Senior Developer phpBB

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”