This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
candysmall

Post by candysmall »

Can someone help and tell me why my avatars are not showing?

They DO show in the memberlist, group list, profile and all old posts around May.

I did find a possible problem...
there is a line in the ACP > Configuration
"Number of posts before user avatar is enabled" and everytime I put something in the box, nothing happens, I go back to configuration and nothing is in the box.
MOTOKO_KUSANAGI

Re: Avatar Config Problem?

Post by MOTOKO_KUSANAGI »

candysmall wrote: Can someone help and tell me why my avatars are not showing?

They DO show in the memberlist, group list, profile and all old posts around May.

I did find a possible problem...
"Number of posts before user avatar is enabled" and everytime I put something in the box, nothing happens, I go back to configuration and nothing is in the box.

did you set the properties in chmod to 777 for your avatars on the folders
I'm the Major of Section 9
candysmall

Post by candysmall »

Yes, I checked and they're all 777... they still do not work.
I've been on a lot of PHPBB Support boards and get no answers. I was hoping to get one here. Does anyone know?
MOTOKO_KUSANAGI

Post by MOTOKO_KUSANAGI »

you have neey mods install on your forums
I'm the Major of Section 9
candysmall

Post by candysmall »

Yes, I have lots of mods... but this happened when I started with a completely fresh PHPBB and it was BEFORE I added my mods. If there a file I should be looking at?
ScionCrow

Post by ScionCrow »

Reinstall the MOD that is you think is causing the issue. That is most likely why because somewhere along the way, you didn't put in the SQL array queries that would go into one of the .php files.
No longer supporting phpBB. PM or email me regarding support and you will be ignored. I'm fully done with phpBB and everything.
candysmall

Post by candysmall »

But they still were not working in a fresh install. I installed the cash mod and shops mod but I removed that and reinstalled. No luck. Does anyone know the page I should be looking at and the code I should be looking for?
ScionCrow

Post by ScionCrow »

What is the exact error your getting? I'll need that to see if I can help any further.
No longer supporting phpBB. PM or email me regarding support and you will be ignored. I'm fully done with phpBB and everything.
candysmall

Post by candysmall »

No error, they're just not showing. If you go here: http://neweditionfanclub.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=4077 you'll see. I checked the permissions, they're all 777, I checked the ACP and avatars are enabled except that there is a line asking "Number of posts before user avatar is enabled" and everytime I try to enter something and recheck the configuration the number I put in there never stays.

Also, I installed the Shop Mod (after this problem already existed) and turned off everything in the Effects Shop so that nothing is effected.

I've posted this problem all over the place and no one seems to be able to find the answer, thanks so much for your help!
ScionCrow

Post by ScionCrow »

I think you might of missed something in the viewtopic_body.tpl file. Check in that file in the template your using for this: {postrow.POSTER_AVATAR}.
candysmall

Post by candysmall »

Here are my files for viewtopic_body.tpl go to http://www.neweditionfanclub.com/viewtopic_body.txt and for viewtopic.php go to http://www.neweditionfanclub.com/viewtopic.txt

One other thing not sure I mentioned... old avatars show, like back from May 29th or so, but not in any new posts.
ScionCrow

Post by ScionCrow »

I'm out of ideas.. the line is clearly in there... So, I have no idea what could be causing this issue.
BlueRook

Re: Avatar Config Problem?

Post by BlueRook »

candysmall wrote: I did find a possible problem...

That doesn't exist in a normal install. So I would think that something you used to have didn't get overwritten correrctly or if this is a MOD you installed that particular MOD is causing your issue.
Bullmax

Post by Bullmax »

I would say its prob the shop or cash mod!
candysmall

Post by candysmall »

This problem happened about a month before I installed the cash and shop mods. I have been having these problems for a while. I think I might have installed Avatar Suite, but I can't remember.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”