templates..

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Jante

templates..

Post by Jante »

So.. Anybody got some sweet templates that they want to share? And when is the "walkthrough" on templates to be written? I would kinda like that, because the template system is somewhat complicated to understand... :?
MagiCat

Post by MagiCat »

The graphics person we have for THE Trolls is going to be coming up with a Christmas Theme if and when we can figure out the templating system.

I'd also like to report another BUG, when I select ed Red from the drop down color thingy it does color=darkred just as selecting Dark Red from the drop down does. That's why my Christmas Theme looks like it's from a very bloody Christmas story or something (maybe he got his eye shot out after all). Checking to see if it was ever reported :)
gameofhit

Post by gameofhit »

MagiCat wrote: The graphics person we have for THE Trolls is going to be coming up with a Christmas Theme if and when we can figure out the templating system.

I'd also like to report another BUG, when I select ed Red from the drop down color thingy it does color=darkred just as selecting Dark Red from the drop down does. That's why my Christmas Theme looks like it's from a very bloody Christmas story or something (maybe he got his eye shot out after all). Checking to see if it was ever reported :)

bugs go to the bug tracker: http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3059

This bug is a quick fix though, just in the templates. If you look in posting_body.tpl you can fix it.

Just change:

Code: Select all

<option style="color:red; background-color: #DEE3E7" value="darkred" class="genmed">Red</option>
to:

Code: Select all

<option style="color:red; background-color: #DEE3E7" value="red" class="genmed">Red</option>
8)
MagiCat

Post by MagiCat »

absinthe wrote: bugs go to the bug tracker: http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3059

This bug is a quick fix though, just in the templates. If you look in posting_body.tpl you can fix it.

Oh I know, I only put it here because I found it at the exact same time I sent the message (was trying to get a red font and it was showing as darkred).

Submitted it but then found out it was already submitted and then learned about the search feature of the bug tracking too. A busy day ;)
Jante

Post by Jante »

^ bump ^
Ewald

Post by Ewald »

Jante wrote: ^ bump ^

why don't you "bump" this with an interesting reply ;) (edit: like this one :shock: )

regards,
Ewald ;)
Jante

Post by Jante »

LOL.. Im sorry but im kinda sick and got fever and stuff + i got a mock exam in maths tomorrow, and its 10:30pm.. :(

Anyway. Im interested in some tutorials on how to make templates, are there anything like that in plan?
cheezycrust

Who will write the Template Guide?

Post by cheezycrust »

As we all know, there will be some documentation about creating your own templates (and phpBB in general, of course). But who will write this documentation? Maybe some of us want to help improve phpBB (only some of us?), but don't want to dive in the PHP code, because it's so complex now. An option for them would be to help on writing the documentation. Which is, if you ask me, always the weakest point in open source projects.

I have some time between Christmas and New Year, and I'm interested in making my own template. Maybe I (and some others) could start with the Guide? Otherwise one of the developers has to do it, and this could keep him (her?) from producing better code (or drinking more beer, if that's what you do once phpBB2 comes out).

I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say here. One question to the developers: Is there already someone assigned to write the docs, and one question to everybody: if the answer to the first question is no, would you like to help?
DMartin

Post by DMartin »

I've been working on modifying subSilver to suit my site. It has not been an easy task, I must say. I LOVE the look of subsilver, but as I've explained before, it just doesn't fit my site. So, I have been majorly revising it (only because it's easier to modify a template than to completely build one -- I think)

I'd be happy to help however I can.

If anyone would like to see my template - even though it's not completely done - you can see what I've been doing at http://dtmconsulting.net/phpBB2

Don't mind the strange posts - I post messages for myself, so I can keep track of what I've done, and what I am still planning to do. And no need to register.
By the way - subSilver is still there, but it doesn't look right, because I wasn't able to get MY template to work properly from it's own subdirectory - so I made the changes to subSilver - and then added an additional theme to use MY colors, etc. Once I get mine working properly - and upgrade the forums on my REAL site, I will probably include the subSilver (unmodified) as an option for anyone who prefers it.
DeAnne Martin

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”