Locked forum "new topic" and "post reply"

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
jlegato

Locked forum "new topic" and "post reply"

Post by jlegato » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:33 pm

I have installed your forum and set up a locked private forum. When I log into the locked forum the buttons that normally say "new topic" and "post reply" appear as "locked" buttons. Although it is true that the forum is locked, Is there something I am missing or should those say "new topic" and "post reply" when people are logged in with proper permissions.

Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager
Name: Yuriy Rusko

Re: Locked forum "new topic" and "post reply&

Post by Marshalrusty » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:35 pm

jlegato wrote: I have installed your forum and set up a locked private forum. When I log into the locked forum the buttons that normally say "new topic" and "post reply" appear as "locked" buttons. Although it is true that the forum is locked, Is there something I am missing or should those say "new topic" and "post reply" when people are logged in with proper permissions.

If people with proper permissions are logged it, it will allow you to post. I believe that it still displays "Locked"
Have comments/praise/complaints/suggestions? Please feel free to PM me.

Need private help? Hire me for all your phpBB and web development needs

gmex2006

Post by gmex2006 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:38 pm

Well if I am not mistaken, I think that you are searching for a Private forum rather than a "Locked forum". Information about Private forums can be found here.

Remember a locked forum is a forum where only people with special permssions, such as administrator or a moderator can post while a private forum allows all users, with access to that forum to post.

jlegato

Re: Locked forum "new topic" and "post reply&

Post by jlegato » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:05 pm

Marshalrusty wrote:
jlegato wrote:I have installed your forum and set up a locked private forum. When I log into the locked forum the buttons that normally say "new topic" and "post reply" appear as "locked" buttons. Although it is true that the forum is locked, Is there something I am missing or should those say "new topic" and "post reply" when people are logged in with proper permissions.

If people with proper permissions are logged it, it will allow you to post. I believe that it still displays "Locked"

Right it allowes you to post when you click on them but it could be less confusing if they said what they did maybe with a locked icon or something.

Gmex2006, thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to look into the differences between locked and private. It could very well be that private is what I am looking for.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”