A question about PhpBB 2.0

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Lilac

A question about PhpBB 2.0

Post by Lilac »

Has it been released yet? I don't see it at the download area so that's why I'm asking. If it hasn't been released when do you expect, to release it? I want to download 2.0 instead of 1.4.

Thanks!
Pit
Security Consultant

Post by Pit »

2.0 is about to go to RC-1 status. This does not mean that it has been officially released. However, there are versions available for testing, RC-1(pre) is availaible on the project page. However, the very latest version is only available via CVS, for more information on that, see here.
Please remember that phpBB 2 is not officially released, and should not be used as anything other than a test - not as your main forum software. If you want to use phpBB 2 as your main forum software, please wait until the official release, which should be reasonably soon.
super fun rainbow colour sig
Lilac

Post by Lilac »

Dzien Dobry

Post by Dzien Dobry »

The Black Pit wrote: ...the official release...should be reasonably soon.

BP, Aren’t you a little young to be speaking so authoritatively? :?
Last edited by Dzien Dobry on Wed Dec 12, 2001 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gameofhit

Post by gameofhit »

Dzien Dobry wrote:
The Black Pit wrote: ...the official release...should be reasonably soon.

Aren’t you a little young to be speaking so authoritatively? :?

Of course he is... but I think the point he was trying to make is: He didn't actually say anything. If you think about it, "reasonably soon" doesn't mean anything at all. What he means is: "It will be released when it is released" ;)

Most people will look at his rank and rank image too, so they will know to take him with a grain of salt. But they will also look at his post count, and know that he does know what he is talking about.
Dzien Dobry

Post by Dzien Dobry »

Absinthe,

Yes of course. I was only commenting on BP’s youthful appearance. :oops: But you did clarify the question of time for Lilac.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”