ACP Login Error

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
AndrewThomas

ACP Login Error

Post by AndrewThomas » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:35 pm

www.technoputa.com/forum
Template(s) used: Nosebleed 1.09
Any and all MODs: quick reply, attatchmod
Do you use a port of phpBB: no
Version of phpBB: 2.0.17
Version of PHP: 4.3.11
Which database server and version: MySQL version 4.0.25-standard-log
Host:
Did someone install this for you/who: myself
Is this an upgrade/from what to what: from 2.0.16 to 2.0.17
Is this a conversion/from what to what:
Have you searched for your problem: yes
Do you have a test account for us: yes MOD support members only

heres my problem
after upgrading to 2.0.17 everything else works fine but this one problem while trying to access the ACP
it re directs me to a second admin login which is missing
here is the error i get

Not Found
The requested URL /forum/admin/login.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

it has something to do that it redirects to some forum/admin/login.php?redirect=admin/index.php&admin=1&sid=de918d9ae4b752256af0c19234a47139
link and i dont have a admin/login.php file and i dont know why its askin for one either as far as i know that is not a standard phpbb file
www.technoputa.com

Cause EVERYONE Listens To Techno

AndrewThomas

Post by AndrewThomas » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:43 pm

i found removing this code in pagestart.php to work

Code: Select all

if (!$userdata['session_admin'])
 {
    redirect(append_sid("login.$phpEx?redirect=admin/&admin=1", true));
 }

just like to thanx all of you for not helping witht his error ive been trying to get help with since MAY
thats 6 months i was looking for support and noone helped
thanx so much
www.technoputa.com

geocator

Post by geocator » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:15 pm

You just reduced security on your forum. This is not the correct fix. But with an attitude like that I am sure you dont care.

The correct fix is to upload a new copy of function.php, you have modifed the redirect function, which is cuasing your issue.

Also keep in mind, everyone here is a volunteer. Somtimes posts get lost in the hundreds posted everyday. With a little understanding you will get help.

AndrewThomas

Post by AndrewThomas » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:09 pm

a lil understanding?
i understand it takes time
but to have a problem since may which is 6 months ago and noone replies with a fix well i think u would have to comment on that aswell

if u knew it was functions.php u woulda replied that in my last post instead of telling me i need the new cookie .16 mod which did not work either.

none the less thanx for ur time in reading my problem and attempting to help out, i do appreciate it when someone actually tries to help out..
www.technoputa.com

AndrewThomas

Post by AndrewThomas » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:15 pm

geocator wrote: You just reduced security on your forum. This is not the correct fix. But with an attitude like that I am sure you dont care.

The correct fix is to upload a new copy of function.php, you have modifed the redirect function, which is cuasing your issue.

Also keep in mind, everyone here is a volunteer. Somtimes posts get lost in the hundreds posted everyday. With a little understanding you will get help.

also wouldnt uploading a new copy of functions ruin some of the mods i have installed..

i dont even remember what mods i have installed its been so long i was trying to get this fix i kinda gave up on administrating the site
www.technoputa.com

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”