is there a way to limit registered users membership ?

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
safauset

is there a way to limit registered users membership ?

Post by safauset »

I would like my members of my forum to have only a 30 day membership...is there a way that i can limit their membership to only 30 days...please contact me with specific information.
geocator

Post by geocator »

You would need a MOD to do that. I think there is a paypal MOD if you are doing subscription kinds of things. Otherwise post in MOD requests.
safauset

How do I get a paypal mod?

Post by safauset »

How do I get a paypal mod? I want to add a subscription to my forum
geocator

Post by geocator »

http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/3623 Note that you will need to get support for it at phpbbhacks.
safauset

RE

Post by safauset »

Thanks for the awesome info....how do I set it up though? I am not sure
geocator

Post by geocator »

It is a MOD, there will be instructions in the download package, telling you what to do, this article may also help: http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article.php?article_id=175
safauset

RE

Post by safauset »

It seems really complicated...is there someone who could help me install it?
geocator

Post by geocator »

The best suggestion I have is to look it over, try doing it on a set of files that are on your computer. And if you have specific questions ask. It is a big MOD, you just have to take your time and pay attention. That site will aslo give you a bit more detialed help with it.
safauset

RE

Post by safauset »

Once you install this...do you need to install it in every forum or do you have to only install it once? if i have 10 forums do i need to install it ten times or just one time? What files do you have to back up?
geocator

Post by geocator »

If you have 10 different installs of phpbb then yes it would need to be installed on each. If you have one install of phpbb with 10 forums in it, kinda like here then you only install once.

You should backup any files that are modified by the MOD.
safauset

RE

Post by safauset »

I would like help with this...is there anyone I could contact who would set it up for me?
safauset

Mod

Post by safauset »

I am trying to understand how to set this up but I really have no idea.........help!
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

why are you having a problem? the instructions are quite clear, you open the file mentioned, you find the code mentioned, you copy and paste whatever it tells you to add or replace, then you save the file and upload it to the server.

if you are very careful with your copy and paste, it will work fine. if it doesn't work, it is because you missed something with your copy and paste.
robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”