Admin users having problems navigating

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
quolo

Admin users having problems navigating

Post by quolo »

Here's one that's got me stumped for a couple days now.

I've got a board running 2.0.15 with the following mods:

m2f v1.0.1
Import Tools v0.1.4
Email Digests v1.2.3
EasyMod v0.1.13
Extreme Styles v2.2.0
Simply Merge Threads v1.0.1

And using the Aeolus style.

I've had this working just fine for months and haven't touched it. The board hasn't gone totally live yet, but is just about ready to do so. I have a couple thousand users imported and the board has been importing messages succesfully via the m2f mod for the past year or so. I asked the server admin if anything had been done recently and they haven't changed anything nor saw anything of interest in the event log.

For your standard user, the board functions just fine. For a user with admin privileges, however, about half the navigation of the phpBB malfunctions. I'll try to explain the behavior:

When you log in as an admin, after hitting submit, you sit there at the same screen; however, you have succesfully logged in, as you'll see the correct screen if you hit on, say, "Members". FAQ, User Groups, Profile, and PM Inbox all work just fine, but if you click on Search, my m2f link, my digests link, or even the forum index link, the browser seems to refresh but you don't go anywhere. The behavior is the same on Aeolus or subSilver, and oddly, non-administrators are able to navigate just fine. Also, the Admin Panel is accessible to admins and works perfectly fine, except for not being able to navigate back to the forum index.

I tried the Auto Cookies fix, but unfortunately, that resulted in no change. I had a backup of the site from several months ago, and haven't touched it since then, so I restored that copy of all files and the behavior persists. I looked at the users table in the phpBB database and nothing looks especially out of the ordinary.

I can try updating from 2.0.15 to 2.0.18, which I should do anyway, but does anyone have any other suggestions? I'm happy to provide the board URL to anyone who is interested in seeing it for themselves.

Thanks.
quolo

Post by quolo »

For quick reference:

URL: www.cdb-l.org/phpBB2/index.php
Template(s) used: Aeolus
Any and all MODs:
m2f v1.0.1
Import Tools v0.1.4
Email Digests v1.2.3
EasyMod v0.1.13
Extreme Styles v2.2.0
Simply Merge Threads v1.0.1

Do you use a port of phpBB: no
Version of phpBB: 2.0.15
Version of PHP: 4 I believe, will have to check
Which database server and version:
Host: internal
Did someone install this for you/who: self installed
Is this an upgrade/from what to what: not an upgrade
Is this a conversion/from what to what: not a conversion
Have you searched for your problem: yes
If so, what terms did you try: Administrator, admin user navigation
State the nature of your problem:
Do you have a test account for us: due to the admin nature, by special request only
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

if you are hosting this yourself, did you make any changes to the server software?

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
quolo

Post by quolo »

While I'm not exactly hosting it myself, it is being hosted internally by the person who brought me in to develop the site. I emailed her to inquire if they had done anything to the server software, and she verified that they indeed they had not. It was my first thought just as it was yours.
quolo

Post by quolo »

Interestingly enough, creating new Administrators also works fine. The easy fix might just be to recreate the three admin accounts and hope this doesn't repeat itself.

I'll be sure to post on here if I sus out anything further.
quolo

Post by quolo »

Figured something out - it has to do with a usergroup. I have a moderator usergroup, and as soon as I make a user a member of this usergroup, the site gets all borked for them. Strange, eh? Once I remove them again, all is again well for that user.

So I deleted the usergroup and remade it. It still causes the problems. This is after a restore of all the php files. How might I repair the site?

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”