MS05-002!exploit ani trojan on my forum

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
deyv

MS05-002!exploit ani trojan on my forum

Post by deyv » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:47 am

My forum is infected with this trojan. I did a search on here and I could not find the obvious malicious code anywhere suggested.

If that can be any help, the trojan runs on both the index.php of the forum and the admin index but nowhere else so far.

I am running 2.011 and will upgrade soon but would like to fix this before and make sure I don't upgrade over it and still have the trojan (if it`s embeded in a forum description or smtg)

Thanks

My forum is at http://www.allezy.net/forum2

deyv

Post by deyv » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:04 am

Forget it I found it. It was indeed in the description of the forums but I thought I could see it without going into edit mode. My mistake.

Anyway, how can this happend? How can hacker change the description of my forums?

I propably should change my password, but should I look for other admin accounts?

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:29 am

deyv wrote: Forget it I found it. It was indeed in the description of the forums but I thought I could see it without going into edit mode. My mistake.

Anyway, how can this happend? How can hacker change the description of my forums?

I propably should change my password, but should I look for other admin accounts?

by definition, hackers hack into your files. they figure out a way, that is why phpbb comes out with updates, just like microsoft and everyone else.

you are 7 versions out of date and using one of the most open versions to hackers.

check all your forum titles and descriptions, make sure there are no admins you don't know about. make sure there are no files on the server that don't belong.

then change all your passwords ( ftp/controlpanel/mysql/phpbb ) then update to the latest version and stay updated. you will be as save as possible.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”