How to change size of compose box?

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
jon_harris7

How to change size of compose box?

Post by jon_harris7 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:38 pm

Is there any way to change the size of the text box you use to compose posts (i.e. the one I am typing in right now)? On my forum, we tend to have fairly long and detailed posts and it is cumbersome to use the small window and scroll bars for composing. I would like to increase both the horizontal and especially the vertical dimension as even this fairly short post fills up most of the box.

I have tried searching quite a bit for this in the knowledge base, support forum, and mods with no success. I searched for "compose box size" and variations on that.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Blankety Blank Man

Post by Blankety Blank Man » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:05 am

search for "<textarea" in templates/{your style}/posting_body.tpl

the textarea tag will have width="something" or "width: something" somewhere in it (can't look AtM) change the something to what you want (in pixels or percentage, so 100% will make it span all of the table labeled "Post a Reply")

eq4bits

Post by eq4bits » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:39 am

There is also this mod:
TextArea with full width by RadikalQ3 in the phpbb mod database in the Cosmetic/Styles-Related section

jon_harris7

Post by jon_harris7 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:24 am

eq4bits wrote: There is also this mod:
TextArea with full width by RadikalQ3 in the phpbb mod database in the Cosmetic/Styles-Related section

Thanks for the info. I made the change based on the info I found in the mod and it works great!

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”