This Problem needs to Be Known, and Stopped.

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Perthina

This Problem needs to Be Known, and Stopped.

Post by Perthina »

Ok, long story made short, Zarath (whom some of you may know) basically copied my old Everbane/Dae Luin site about a year ago and it ticked me off big time. I had gotten on him for copyright issues over the Everbane name, but because I had no proof of the Dae Luin name, he changed it from Everbane to Dae Luin (he says he did it out of kindness... bs).

He's done alot of crap, including making it so when I try to go to daeluin.net (his copy of my old site) my IP gets re-directed to the disney site, and I know this is his doing because I've had other people show me how to get around it.

Yesterday, I set up a welcome page, which is similar to what he has on "his" copy of my old site, and this morning I come on and my www.everbane.com link re-directs to his www.daeluin.net site. He's gone too far with this crap and I need to know what I can do to stop this, and to fix it.

He also done crap like going against phpbb's script terms (whatever it's called) and such, as in having coded mods which only he can edit the files for, this is one reason he no longer has download links for any of his mods.
(The phpbb Doctor, DRath, can vouch for this.)

I had first decided to just PM someone I thought could handle this, but now I think this should be made a public issue because I host other sites and my DNS is linked via www.everbane.com so now all these other sites I host (like www.fateweavers.com and www.stormguards.net ) are getting re-directed too, so it's not a personal issue any longer.
I can't even get to it via ip, because it's the IP that re-directing, not the everbane.com domain.

I'm asking for help because I've dealt with his crap far too long and I have people to back me up on all this that have been with my site far before he copied it.

...I have no doubt in my mind that this is Zarath's doing... again.

Thank you very much.
beculetZ

Post by beculetZ »

get a new public IP address, and switch your DNS to point to the new IP address :wink:
Bobble

Post by Bobble »

Not a phpbb support issue. Contact his ISP.
Perthina

Post by Perthina »

What if he just decides to do it again?
...How do I contact his IPS?
Bobble

Post by Bobble »

You will need to see who is hosting with. Try a whois check on his site.
espicom

Post by espicom »

According to DNS records, "www.everbane.com" is an alias for "everbane.com", but "everbane.com" does not resolve to an IP. You need to speak to your DNS provider, WIREDNS.NET, about this, first.
Jeff
Fixing 1016/1030/1034 Errors | (obsolete link) | MySQL 4.1/5.x Client Error | phpBBv2 Logo in ACP
Support requests via PM are ignored!
"To be fully alive is to feel that everything is possible." - Eric Hoffer
Perthina

Post by Perthina »

I can't he's made it so if I attempt to get to www.daeluin.net I get re-directed to another site. I know it has to do with my IP because I can get to it from other comps, but none in my house which are all off the same IP
Perthina

Post by Perthina »

Anywho, the problem seemed to be he found access to my server, and I'm only guessing he got my server info from my config file. Are there any extra security methods I can apply to my config file to prevent further hacking?
beculetZ

Post by beculetZ »

The domain was registered in a .root server. it's the only way.
The ONLY way that a www.something.com has an IP and not something.com
You got yourself a big problem my friend...
U should urgently contact the closest big dns provider...
Techie-Micheal
Security Consultant

Post by Techie-Micheal »

Unfortunately there isn't anything we can do to help.
Proven Offensive Security Expertise. OSCP - GXPN

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”