Admin side problem in 2.0.19

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
WillBoss

Admin side problem in 2.0.19

Post by WillBoss » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:00 pm

Ever since I upgraded to 2.0.19 from 18 there seems to me menu items missing in the 'Configuration' menu on my Admin screen. I assume the missing items are related to the latest updates. I have tried to do the upgrade now twice and the problem still is there. I did notice however when I visited the Upgradeto Latest.php file that there was no database update. Should there have been data written to the database during the upgrade??

deyv

Post by deyv » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:34 pm

Yes there is update to the sql db. did you run install/update_to_latest.php

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:40 pm

first, tell us where the missing things are in the admin screen, what is right above the missing text.

then, why do you think there were no database update when you ran the install/update_to_latest.php file.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

WillBoss

Post by WillBoss » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:12 pm

Yep I did run the update_to_latest.php file. I ran through the installation process twice and still the problem persists.

Directly under 'Enable Visual Confirmation' there is descriptive text missing on two lines although the text windows are there. Under 'Flood Interval' there is also two lines with the descriptive text missing. There seems to be others having the exact same problem as me. See Thread: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=353803

When I ran the update_to_latest.php file it clearly said that it didnt perform any database additions as there were none needed.

Jim_UK
Former Team Member

Post by Jim_UK » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:25 pm

You have not completed the update fully. The missing text relates to the addition of the Number of login attempts and the lockout time.
You have missed thechanges to the language files.
#
#-----[ OPEN ]---------------------------------------------
#
language/lang_english/lang_admin.php

#
#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------
# Line 749
//
// That's all Folks!

#
#-----[ BEFORE, ADD ]---------------------------------------------
#
//
// Login attempts configuration
//
$lang['Max_login_attempts'] = 'Allowed login attempts';
$lang['Max_login_attempts_explain'] = 'The number of allowed board login attempts.';
$lang['Login_reset_time'] = 'Login lock time';
$lang['Login_reset_time_explain'] = 'Time in minutes the user have to wait until he is allowed to login again after exceeding the number of allowed login attempts.';

Jim
The truth is out there.
Unfortunately they will not let you anywhere near it!

WillBoss

Post by WillBoss » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:38 pm

I have completed the update fully twice!! I have done the update procedure on numerous occasions so I know the steps I am following are correct.

I opened the lang_admin.php file and the lines of code you suggested I add are already there.

It has to be related the the sql not been added to the database. I am currently in the process of downloading the updated again and trying the process all over again just in case the file was corrupt.

Jim_UK
Former Team Member

Post by Jim_UK » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:47 pm

The update did in fact add these two fields to Table phpbb_config

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES('max_login_attempts', '5');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES('login_reset_time', '30');
Jim
The truth is out there.
Unfortunately they will not let you anywhere near it!

WillBoss

Post by WillBoss » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:59 pm

I have just done the update again and the problem is still there. When I ran the update_to_latest.php file it said that the database schema was correct and no updates to it were necessary.

Just to see I clicked the 'Submit' button in the configuration screen and the descriptive text appeared. I entered data into the text windows and pressed submit but the data was not saved to the database. I logged out and logged back in again and as before the descriptive text was gone again and again it appeared when I clicked the 'Submit' button. Its a strange problem but I am not the only one experiencing it.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”