will subBlue make a new template for phpbb2.0

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
ktvktv

will subBlue make a new template for phpbb2.0

Post by ktvktv »

well.. I just wonder if subBlue will make another great template for phpbb2 .
Subsilver is such an excellent job .so I hope phpbb2 could have more high quality templates at this level.

gameofhit

Post by gameofhit »

I know that he said he was pretty busy, so I kinda doubt it. It would be really nice if he did though (hint hint, wink wink)

As soon as the final release is out, I plan on making a modification of the subSilver style, something like "subNight" or something like that. I will just be modifying things so that it looks just same, only dark. And I will NOT make sacrifices in quality, no matter how much work it takes. This means that I will make all of the gradienty things appropriately, and will modify the icons too.

There will be mad props to subBlue of course. I hope that It will appeal to some people who think that this template is a little bit on the "bright" side. 8)

|Foobar1

Post by |Foobar1 »

there is subVelvet on his forums...
NEE

Retro

Post by Retro »

I like subblues design but he really did over do things a bit. Using fixed texts like this is BAD Web design. I see he has now linked to the CSS file :) sorry but that files still far to big. I worked as a web designer for a few years so I'm allowed to have my gripe. The icons are also a bit small there not bad though.

rEt

Jante

Post by Jante »

You can just go fix it in the template files..

subBlue
Former Team Member

Post by subBlue »

I have actually been pretty busy with some phpBB2 related stuff all of which will become clear soon...

I will make another subSomething template at some point, however nothing really planned at the moment.
Ian i was wondering how long it would take fo someone to see the subVelvet on my forum - i haven't really done anything with it yet, only messing around for a few minutes.

Retro, you can't please all the people all the time ;) I've had various discussions over the months about the best font sizing to use and using fixed size px definitions has always given the greatest consistancy on the widest browser & platform base. I'm not going get into another discussion about that again.
As for the size of the style sheet, well once it's downloaded it will be in your cache and its less than the size of a standard banner advert, so its not an issue!

|Foobar1

Post by |Foobar1 »

i have an idea if you want to help me create it?
NEE

emke

Post by emke »

I think that the fixed size fonts are the way to go. Also as they're in one file it's easy to change them at any time if someone doesn't like them.

the thing that was the hardest for me when I modified subBlue template was that suBlue used gradient tool on the images. It was very hard to get it to look the way I wanted. That's what took most of my time anyway. :) I didn't even try to change the icons as I'm hoping that subBlue will release the psd files and it should be a lot easier when I have them to change the colors.

The thing that will happen when phpBB 2.0 gets released that a lot of templates will get available. That's how it's with vBulletin and I don't see a reason that it shouldn't happen with phpBB as well. 8)
Last edited by emke on Mon Dec 17, 2001 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TC
Former Team Member

Post by TC »

not exactly a direct reply here, but i just want to go on record with this statement:

subBLUE IS NOT A BAD DESIGNER

i have seen people say over and over at various places in this forum that "...such and such is just bad designing, blah blah blah...." well sub, i for one got yer back. sub has accomplished some brilliance with his designs and has spent alot of his time - free of charge - on this phpBB project. i for one am very thankful for everything he's contributed and look forward to more spiffy goodness from a guy who we should all support, subBlue.

rock on, sub.
.:: 28:Ø6:42:12 ::.

emke

Post by emke »

I actually think that subBlue template is the best forum design that I've seen and I've seen a lot of them. :wink:

TC
Former Team Member

Post by TC »

emke wrote: I actually think that subBlue template is the best forum design that I've seen and I've seen a lot of them. :wink:

ditto. especially after hacking through and customizing my own - which took a considerable amount of work - and having it come out looking like something that subSilver would wipe it's a$$ with, i have a huge respect for the mighty dr. Blue....

emke

Post by emke »

TC wrote: ditto. especially after hacking through and customizing my own - which took a considerable amount of work - and having it come out looking like something that subSilver would wipe it's a$$ with, i have a huge respect for the mighty dr. Blue....

Could you provide a link so I can see what you've done?

TC
Former Team Member

Post by TC »

emke wrote: Could you provide a link so I can see what you've done?

i'd love to, but i scrapped it entirely. set it back to default. it was OK, but after all that work i changed my mind about the color scheme. so, back to the old drawing board.... :roll:

Pit
Security Consultant

Post by Pit »

subBlue wrote: I have actually been pretty busy with some phpBB2 related stuff all of which will become clear soon...

I will make another subSomething template at some point, however nothing really planned at the moment.
Ian i was wondering how long it would take fo someone to see the subVelvet on my forum - i haven't really done anything with it yet, only messing around for a few minutes.

Retro, you can't please all the people all the time ;) I've had various discussions over the months about the best font sizing to use and using fixed size px definitions has always given the greatest consistancy on the widest browser & platform base. I'm not going get into another discussion about that again.
As for the size of the style sheet, well once it's downloaded it will be in your cache and its less than the size of a standard banner advert, so its not an issue!

Heh, you could be really lazy, make one just like subSilver but with a few vital bits of html taken away so that it breaks all over the place. You could call it subStandard. ;) Just kiddin'. :P
super fun rainbow colour sig

Dzien Dobry

Post by Dzien Dobry »

emke wrote: I actually think that subBlue template is the best forum design that I've seen and I've seen a lot of them. :wink:

I agree.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”