database username/password

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
alyna

database username/password

Post by alyna »

When I try install my PHP board, it asks for database name, username & password... but I was never given any of that, or asked for it. How do I find it?

Jim_UK
Former Team Member

Post by Jim_UK »

Hi
With some hosting packages you have to create your own database and then of course you would know those details. With some hosting they create the database for you and supply the details. If your hosting has a Control Panel (Cpanel) then have a look there for the facility to create the database. Otherwise you will need to contact the host and ask them to set one up for you.

Jim
The truth is out there.
Unfortunately they will not let you anywhere near it!

alyna

Post by alyna »

Oh, ok... thanks! I just did that though, I made the database, then I went to the installer thing again and put everything in, and it still said critical error, cannot connect to database....???

alyna

Post by alyna »

nevermind.... I'm a dumbass lol

Jim_UK
Former Team Member

Post by Jim_UK »

Be sure that the information that you put into the install page is correct and take care as it is case sensitive.

Post a link to where your board should be and that may help folk.

Jim
The truth is out there.
Unfortunately they will not let you anywhere near it!

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”