Stubborn PHPBB Backup SQL

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
HisHighness

Stubborn PHPBB Backup SQL

Post by HisHighness » Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:56 am

Hey all,

Before I start please know that I know nothing of SQL, a friend of mine is pulling his hair out trying to restore his board from a backup with no luck so I'm trying to help him out. I'll give you all the info I can.

My friend had a board that was exactly like this one.
http://www.politicscanada.net/game/

and he backed it up to an sql file called
phpbb_db_backup.sql

He now tries to restore from the backup using the "restore database" function to this board here
http://ameri-parl.webdotgate.com/forums/index.php

and when he does it goes for like 15 minutes looking like it's working but then the board still shows up as it did before he tries. He's tried it as both the sql file and also as a zip file and neither works.

The only thing in my totally limited knowledge I can think of is at the bottom of the first page it says: