Cannot modify header information

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
jmryanuk

Cannot modify header information

Post by jmryanuk »

Hello

I get the below error in the header just after any email function, for example - registration, email, PM etc.....
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/webmedic/public_html/forum/phpBB2/includes/emailer.php:3) in /home/webmedic/public_html/forum/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 483 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/webmedic/public_html/forum/phpBB2/includes/emailer.php:3) in /home/webmedic/public_html/forum/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 485 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/webmedic/public_html/forum/phpBB2/includes/emailer.php:3) in /home/webmedic/public_html/forum/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 486

I have installed version 2.0.19

Any ideas?????
Wo1f

Post by Wo1f »

Hi jmryanuk,

Have you removed the "install" folder containing "update_to_latest" after upgrading to v2.0.19? If not, it must be deleted.

Hope this helps,
Wolf
jmryanuk

Post by jmryanuk »

Yep I have removed this directory just after update.
Wo1f

Post by Wo1f »

Allright...

Please fill out the "Support Request" template accessible through my sig. This info will come in handy to help you resolve this issue.

Regards,
Wolf
jmryanuk

Post by jmryanuk »

URL: http://www.ambulance999.co.uk/forum/phpBB2/
Template(s) used: subSilver
Any and all MODs: bluelightbabe, Jazz, rockchick, iAmbu
Do you use a port of phpBB: ? dont think so
Version of phpBB: 2.0.19
Version of PHP: 4.3.10
Which database server and version: MySQL 3.23.56
Host: Webfusion
Did someone install this for you/who: No, it was me
Is this an upgrade/from what to what: Recently upgraded to 2.0.19 from 2.0.15
Is this a conversion/from what to what: N/A
Have you searched for your problem: Yes
If so, what terms did you try: Cannot modify header information and email.php errors

State the nature of your problem: I get the below error in the header just after any email function, for example - registration, email, PM etc.....
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/webmedic/public_html/forum/phpBB2/includes/emailer.php:3) in /home/webmedic/public_html/forum/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 483 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/webmedic/public_html/forum/phpBB2/includes/emailer.php:3) in /home/webmedic/public_html/forum/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 485 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/webmedic/public_html/forum/phpBB2/includes/emailer.php:3) in /home/webmedic/public_html/forum/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 486

Do you have a test account for us: No
jwunderly

Post by jwunderly »

Using a text editor, what do the first 3 lines of emailer.php look like?

Is there ANYTHING before the <?php tag?
John (A cranky old man. "Looking for an echo ...")
using any control-panel install/update is like shooting yourself in the foot. It won't kill you, but you're really going to hobble around until it heals.
Using the wrong tools (Front Page, DreamWeaver) gives the same results
Do not PM me for Support!
Wo1f

Post by Wo1f »

Let's try this for starters.

1 ] Open yourforum\includes\page_header.php and check for the same thing as proposed by JWunderly.

3 ] If no results, check any *.php files you might of modified recently (maybe because of a mod) that could include a white space before or after the opening and closing php tags.

Let me know
Wolf
jmryanuk

Post by jmryanuk »

Ok I checked all php files in \includes\ and the emailer.php file had spaces before the start of the file.

I have deleted these and the problem seems to of resolved.

Thanks for your help.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”