a few regular users showing up as moderators on index

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Soliloquy

a few regular users showing up as moderators on index

Post by Soliloquy »

Ever since I converted my site from PHP-Nuke to phpBB, four users have been showing up listed as moderators on index.php and most of the forums, though their profiles show that they aren't moderators. (I didn't post this in the Convertors forum because it's possible the former owner of the site gave them moderator status for particular boards, and I didn't know about it because no moderators were listed. In any case, they're inactive users now.)

In any case, I can't seem to figure out how to undo this. Even the Admin Toolkit shows them as regular users. Advice would be appreciated!
CTCNetwork
Former Team Member

Post by CTCNetwork »

Hi,

Are they in a group that has MOderator powers over any forum.

One option is to go to the Admin CP -> USer Admin -> Permissions and set them as Admin. Then submit. Then set as USer and submit.

Or you can check the database in the user table and make sure that each user level for these members is 0 and not 2 set it to 0 if it is.

Hope this helps,

Des. . . :wink:
Density:- Not just a measurement~Its a whole way of Life.! ! !
| Welcome! | RTFM!!! | Search! It's Easy! | Problem? | Spam? | Advice! |
Soliloquy

Post by Soliloquy »

Ah ha, got it! Thanks!

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”