Hotlinking

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
imtwisted

Hotlinking

Post by imtwisted »

I want to hotlink a image with the img tags in my post(s).

With the exact same code, the picture WILL show on invision 2.x.x, but WON'T show in mij phpbb forum 2.x.x

Heres the img tag code i used:

Code: Select all

[img]https://camo.phpbb.com/7cc95cfc725c31f8b0c610a5c8cd9b01b961fa94/687474703a2f2f666f746f2e707272702e6e6c2f70686f746f2e7068703f66696c653d2f303939302532307569746761616e253230323030352f616e64792532377325323066656573746a652f43494d47303139362532302532384d656469756d2532392e4a5047[/img]
Check if it works here:

Nope, why doesn't it work and how can i fix it?

solid

Post by solid »

Maybe like this?

[url=http://test.com][img]http://test.com/image.jpg[/img][/url]

imtwisted

Post by imtwisted »

i mean this

Show the image on the forum like this:

but with this other picture link, it doenst even see that im am trying to post a pic, it just sees the dhtml code like normal text:

biscuitkeeper

Post by biscuitkeeper »

This is probably security related..

photo.php?file=/0
Because you are linking to a php script which loads the image rather than pointing to the raw location.. if this file is on your site you would need to find its location and get the direct path to it wherever the album has created it.
Patience of a Saint :: Memory of a Goldfish.

imtwisted

Post by imtwisted »

hmmm i understand

on invision 2.x.x they found a way to still display the image, so im sure it can be done on phpbb, isnt there a patch for this?

biscuitkeeper

Post by biscuitkeeper »

Quite probably there are ways to get round this but by all accounts it would probably be unwinding security put in place to protect malicious activity.

Perhaps your gallery has a patch to create friendly url's?
Patience of a Saint :: Memory of a Goldfish.

MisfitMom

Post by MisfitMom »

I cant hotlink from my albums to my forums eitheer???? I do have a ACP option to add urls..but how? yoursite.com/forums_index.php ????

I need this option! please someone help! lol!

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

this was disallowed several versions ago for security reasons. I think it is even more vital now that the new IE exploits have been found.

You will have to link directly to the image file, not to a php script.

do you really want people to be able to link to php scripts that could be run on your server this way?

I think not.

luck,
robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?

MisfitMom

Post by MisfitMom »

I know very little about security issues, ty!

Is there a way or a different album so that we can have forum hotlinking...without photobucket?

I was a member of a site about 6 months ago that had albums that you could hotling from. Was that possibly done in anoher way?

TY the Village Idiot thanks you ;)

starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj »

MisfitMom wrote: Is there a way or a different album so that we can have forum hotlinking...without photobucket?

If you have a little extra disk space, you might find the new version (v0.4) of my User Upload Toolkituseful.

It supports thumbnail generation with pre-formatted url/img tags that you can simply paste into your forum. Since it uses raw and direct file access for these thumbnails, it is 100% compatible with phpbb.

I am just finishing up the installation instructions for it and should have it ready tonight or tomorrow the latest.

Let me know if your interested in it.
Admin ToolKit v2.1a - An Admins most helpful tool for user management. Now Supports Mass User Deletion!
Change User's: names, passwords, emails, active status and avatar/pm permissions.
Ban/Unban Users, change Post and Resync Counts, and promote/demote users to admin.
Completely independent from your phpbb user account settings. No installation required, just upload one file.
User Upload ToolKit Beta - A quick and easy, 30 second-install, attachment mod. Now Supports Dynamic Thumbnails!

MisfitMom

Post by MisfitMom »

Does that mean I have to uninstall the Photo Album 2.0.53 by smartor.. This album is perfect in everway! but the hotlinking lol... And we have already uploaded sooo much to it..

or is it a smartor mod hack/add???

starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj »

The user upload toolkit is a totally seperate script.
You could leave the album mod installed, or remove it its upto you.

Or if you want, you could keep the album mod for files that dont need to be hotlinked, but use the toolkit for files that do need to be hotlinked.
Admin ToolKit v2.1a - An Admins most helpful tool for user management. Now Supports Mass User Deletion!
Change User's: names, passwords, emails, active status and avatar/pm permissions.
Ban/Unban Users, change Post and Resync Counts, and promote/demote users to admin.
Completely independent from your phpbb user account settings. No installation required, just upload one file.
User Upload ToolKit Beta - A quick and easy, 30 second-install, attachment mod. Now Supports Dynamic Thumbnails!

MisfitMom

Post by MisfitMom »

Im not sure I understand...do the mods work togeter?

How will posters retrieve the url (index) list and know whats what?

What is the phpbb beta/mod post link?? I'd liek to take a looksie :)

MisfitMom

Post by MisfitMom »

I found a half answer on phpbbhacks they had me change the file names from php to jpg and it works like a charm for the personal albums but mot the public. :cry: I still need to get those hotlinkable!

I alsoo added post image wich helps cut down on resourses!! And the girls at my site LOVE it!

http://www.phpbbstyles.com/viewtopic.php?t=8121

If anyone has a MOD to change the public albums to jpg...please let me know!! I'll try to find that like at phphacks..I found it through a keyword seach on hotlinking :)
Can you edit script while bouncing a baby on your knee, who's main goal is to constantly pound the keyboard? Apparently neither can I! :lol:

Installed Mods

*User List *User Word Count <--FUN *MySpace link in profile *Welcome panel on header (trouble shooting) *Smartors Photo Album (hotlinking enabled through php file change to jpg, personal albums only, still working on the public). *Extream Styles
*Forced word wrap..awesome *Post Image
*Search results in ACP <---- Love it! *User CUSTOM color font (needs trouble shooting)
*installed styles subsilver and getaway purple (author-freestlexl)
*smiley Invasion
All mods installed on both templates :)

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”