Does the PM use the php email?

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Riorepus

Does the PM use the php email?

Post by Riorepus »

I keep getting this PHP emailer debug error when ppl PM eachother, register, or i put ppl in different usergroups.

I was then heresend to a topic about this where it sai that my host is not using Mail(), which they are..

But this is what they told me, and does this affect me in some way? It is getting extremly extremly annoying

1: Mail to a known address on the domain
Adrian: 2: All the rest
Adrian: All mail in the categories 0 and 1 will not be caught by the spam-control.
Adrian: Every time a mail in category 2 is accepted, the system will add a pause of *5 minutes until the next mail in category 2 is accepted.
Adrian: The mail you send yourself (eg. Newsletters) should have an address on the domain, and will thereby be a category 0.

And the mail in the admin is hosted by b-one.. so what can be wrong? please help?

biscuitkeeper

Post by biscuitkeeper »

create a file called testmail.php on your webspace..

Code: Select all

<?php
$to      = 'you@you.com';
$subject = 'Test Mail Function';
$message = 'Just a Test';
if (mail($to, $subject, $message) == true) {

echo "Sent!";

} else {

echo "Error!";

}

?>
edit the email address to one that you can check and run the script on your site... it will say either Sent or Error and if it works you should recieve an e-mail from your webserver.

If this fails then your hosts mail() function is not active/working which is stopping notification e-mails from being sent.
Patience of a Saint :: Memory of a Goldfish.

Riorepus

Post by Riorepus »

biscuitkeeper wrote: create a file called testmail.php on your webspace..

Code: Select all

<?php
$to      = 'you@you.com';
$subject = 'Test Mail Function';
$message = 'Just a Test';
if (mail($to, $subject, $message) == true) {

echo "Sent!";

} else {

echo "Error!";

}

?>
edit the email address to one that you can check and run the script on your site... it will say either Sent or Error and if it works you should recieve an e-mail from your webserver.

If this fails then your hosts mail() function is not active/working which is stopping notification e-mails from being sent.

ur my saviour again.. Ok and if it DOES work...?

Riorepus

What the heck is this..

Post by Riorepus »

!!!!!

It didn't work! Or it worked for the first mail.. then the second mail stoped working for some reason.. ..

So, its the sites problem then i guess?

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”