backup using admin tool

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
nicholas26

backup using admin tool

Post by nicholas26 »

I want to make backup my forum (phpBB-2.0.19) using admin tool but it asks me:

1 MYSQL HOST ADDRESS (what will i type there? will i type my doöain address? or my host(yahoo)

2- Username
3-Password i m trying username and passport of my database is is correct?

Thank You for help.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: backup using admin tool

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

nicholas26 wrote: I want to make backup my forum (phpBB-2.0.19) using admin tool but it asks me:

1 MYSQL HOST ADDRESS (what will i type there? will i type my doöain address? or my host(yahoo)

2- Username
3-Password i m trying username and passport of my database is is correct?

Thank You for help.

the phpbb admin backup function does not ask you for this information, so I am not sure what you are trying to use to backup.

however, all of that information is in your config.php file.

open it in a text editor and you can see it.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?

nicholas26

Post by nicholas26 »

I mean what ill type places needed.
TY

nicholas26

Post by nicholas26 »

i wonder what ll i type as "mysql host address and username" connecting to my database?

starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj »

Just use phpmyadmin.

It is WAY easier to use for database backups and modifications.
Admin ToolKit v2.1a - An Admins most helpful tool for user management. Now Supports Mass User Deletion!
Change User's: names, passwords, emails, active status and avatar/pm permissions.
Ban/Unban Users, change Post and Resync Counts, and promote/demote users to admin.
Completely independent from your phpbb user account settings. No installation required, just upload one file.
User Upload ToolKit Beta - A quick and easy, 30 second-install, attachment mod. Now Supports Dynamic Thumbnails!

nicholas26

Post by nicholas26 »

There is problem to export in phpmyadmin and admin kontrol panel. So i want to use admin tool to export database.

I neeed anwers only to these questions:

Mysql host address:

Username:

Port:

T Y

trv

Post by trv »

You can find your host and username/password in your config.php file (root folder of your forum)

port 3306 usually

nicholas26

Post by nicholas26 »

I tried it and typed as host, username and password in config.php but i cannot connected because name of host "mysql" im config.php and program annot find to my database.

trv

Post by trv »

for host try www.yourdomain.com or wherever your forum is

nicholas26

Post by nicholas26 »

nicholas26 wrote: I tried it and typed as host, username and password in config.php but i cannot connected because name of host "mysql" im config.php and program annot find to my database.

i tried but i am receiving error message as "unknown server host"

Drexion
Former Team Member

Post by Drexion »

Nearly all hosts do not allow external connections to the database server - ie remote backups will be impossible.

This is exactly why server side applications, such as phpMyAdmin, are provided by most hosts.

If you need more assistance with obtaining your MySQL details, contact your host for support, these are things which we cannot answer.

starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj »

Drexion wrote: Nearly all hosts do not allow external connections to the database server - ie remote backups will be impossible..

I was just going to suggest that.

Give them a call as drex said and they can tell you if you are capable of making remote backups.
If not then you need to look at another alternitive.
Admin ToolKit v2.1a - An Admins most helpful tool for user management. Now Supports Mass User Deletion!
Change User's: names, passwords, emails, active status and avatar/pm permissions.
Ban/Unban Users, change Post and Resync Counts, and promote/demote users to admin.
Completely independent from your phpbb user account settings. No installation required, just upload one file.
User Upload ToolKit Beta - A quick and easy, 30 second-install, attachment mod. Now Supports Dynamic Thumbnails!

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”