Quick Edit

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
cardude

Quick Edit

Post by cardude »

Is there some mod to quickly edit a forum post? I know this is possible in vBulletin and Invision Board. Is it possible in IPB?
Anon
Former Team Member

Post by Anon »

what do you mean by quickly edit? And we don't know if it's possible in IPB, we only know bout phpbb ;)
cardude

Post by cardude »

Anon wrote: what do you mean by quickly edit? And we don't know if it's possible in IPB, we only know bout phpbb ;)

I said it IS possible in IPB and vBulletin, I wanted to know if it is possible in phpBB. Quick edit. When you hit edit, instead of loading a whole screen with the text window and everything, it just loads a little box with your text, you modify what you want, hit save, and it goes back to the post without reloading any part of the page.
Circle

Post by Circle »

Look for the quick reply MOD.
starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj »

cardude wrote:
Anon wrote:what do you mean by quickly edit? And we don't know if it's possible in IPB, we only know bout phpbb ;)

I said it IS possible in IPB and vBulletin, I wanted to know if it is possible in phpBB. Quick edit. When you hit edit, instead of loading a whole screen with the text window and everything, it just loads a little box with your text, you modify what you want, hit save, and it goes back to the post without reloading any part of the page.

Actually you said: "Is it possible in IPB?"

I think it was just a mistake though.
But as stated above, the closest thing you will get to that is the quick reply mod.

You could request your mod specifically in the mod request forum though.
Admin ToolKit v2.1a - An Admins most helpful tool for user management. Now Supports Mass User Deletion!
Change User's: names, passwords, emails, active status and avatar/pm permissions.
Ban/Unban Users, change Post and Resync Counts, and promote/demote users to admin.
Completely independent from your phpbb user account settings. No installation required, just upload one file.
User Upload ToolKit Beta - A quick and easy, 30 second-install, attachment mod. Now Supports Dynamic Thumbnails!

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”