php settings configured wrong for server type??

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Swerve1000

php settings configured wrong for server type??

Post by Swerve1000 »

Hi,

I'm trying to install the latest version of phpbb and my machine.

I have just installed PHP, MySQL and Apache web server on my computer and when I try to install phpbb on the machine (localhost) it is reporting that my php configuration is preventing the installation.

Any ideas folks?

Thanks

espicom

Post by espicom »

What operating system? Most Linux distributions separate out the MySQL code into a package called php-mysql, which must be installed if you're working with MySQL. Windows versions of PHP come with everything except ODBC disabled, but the PHP Manual tells you how to turn it on.
Jeff
Fixing 1016/1030/1034 Errors | (obsolete link) | MySQL 4.1/5.x Client Error | phpBBv2 Logo in ACP
Support requests via PM are ignored!
"To be fully alive is to feel that everything is possible." - Eric Hoffer

Swerve1000

Post by Swerve1000 »

espicom wrote: What operating system? Most Linux distributions separate out the MySQL code into a package called php-mysql, which must be installed if you're working with MySQL. Windows versions of PHP come with everything except ODBC disabled, but the PHP Manual tells you how to turn it on.

I'm running XP Pro.

Swerve1000

Post by Swerve1000 »

Swerve1000 wrote:
espicom wrote:What operating system? Most Linux distributions separate out the MySQL code into a package called php-mysql, which must be installed if you're working with MySQL. Windows versions of PHP come with everything except ODBC disabled, but the PHP Manual tells you how to turn it on.

I'm running XP Pro. Dop you think the reason will be the ODBC? I'll try that then. Any info you could give is in relation to ODBC would be extremly appreiciated as I have no idea what ODBC is at the moment. Thanks!!!

espicom

Post by espicom »

ODBC is bad for performance, and imposes limitations you do not want. Adding direct support for either MySQL or MS SQL is as simple as changing one file and moving a DLL in to the right directory. The details are found here.
Jeff
Fixing 1016/1030/1034 Errors | (obsolete link) | MySQL 4.1/5.x Client Error | phpBBv2 Logo in ACP
Support requests via PM are ignored!
"To be fully alive is to feel that everything is possible." - Eric Hoffer

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”