various and serious problems

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
djblur

various and serious problems

Post by djblur »

I set up a phpbb with godaddy domain and hosting. Stuff was working fine and then users im me with various problems. here are some:

One said he could not access the forums and got this message: "Redirection limit for this URL exceede. Unable to load the requested page. This may be caused by cookies that are blocked."

2 others said every time they go to the forum it adds an extra /phpBB2/index.php to the url and causes a page not found, no matter what part of the forum they try to go to.

I have had to clear my cookies to be able to log back in, and now when i click the admin cp link it brings me back to the index.

my other admin can't view a forum that is set to admins and mods only can see it, even tho he's an admin

any solutions to these?
p3980

Post by p3980 »

You may wish to read over these notes on installing phpBB on GoDaddy to make sure you didn't miss anything
GODADDY: Firsly, you will need the Linux package to even attempt an installation on Godaddy's servers. As far as I'm aware, installation on their Windows servers is impossible (feel free to correct me).

Because Godaddy has a very strange configuration, there are special instructions for the installation. These can be found here, here and here. I wish you luck on your journey!
Support Request Template <> Knowledge Base<>starfoxtj's Admin Toolkit
Member of the Unofficial Forum for phpBB.com Supporters
djblur

Post by djblur »

i have the linux package. the rest i will look over
djblur

Post by djblur »

now the whole site wont even load, like the server is down. man this is annoying
Shanana

Post by Shanana »

I've seen a lot of people on different boards talk about how they have so many problems with GoDaddy's hosting.

Good luck.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”