Styles Administration "Add" Function Blank

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
ineedhelpwihtthisplease

.jpg!

Post by ineedhelpwihtthisplease »

i meant for the .jpg file of course
lol

ineedhelpwihtthisplease

DUDE!!!!!

Post by ineedhelpwihtthisplease »

dude!!!!!!!! i figured it out....
the files uploaded to lockandloadgames.com not the entropy subdomain
http://www.lockandloadgames.com/phpBB2/ ... ygreen.jpg

Rat Fink

Post by Rat Fink »

Rat Fink is here! I won't abandon this mission till it's solved. :D

Here's the link to my forum - http://darlenedifrances.com/forum/

Thanks for any help - still struggling here - finally gave up for the night last night but I'm up for another battle today.

~AJK~

Post by ~AJK~ »

Rat Fink wrote: Rat Fink is here! I won't abandon this mission till it's solved. :D

Here's the link to my forum - http://darlenedifrances.com/forum/

Thanks for any help - still struggling here - finally gave up for the night last night but I'm up for another battle today.
What template are you installing?
If the solutions posted above worked can you add [SOLVED] to beginning the subject of your first post to help others? Click on the "EDIT" button next to your FIRST post in the thread.
Click the following: Help for Newbies | Support Request Template
No PM's Please

Rat Fink

Post by Rat Fink »

I was trying to install "Notebored." I finally got mad and deleted the entire database and will start over again. Frustrating...it got as far as changing some things in "subsilver," but only enough to break images and distort fonts. I could never get the new theme to take its place, even though I re-downloaded in case of corruption somewhere, and put everything in its proper folder.

I even went to #phpbb on IRC and chatted with an op - it seemed I was doing everything right. Kinda makes one wanna give up...but I'm going to hang in there, even if it means paying someone to install the damned thing for me.

Thanks.

~AJK~

Post by ~AJK~ »

Rat Fink wrote: I was trying to install "Notebored." I finally got mad and deleted the entire database and will start over again. Frustrating...it got as far as changing some things in "subsilver," but only enough to break images and distort fonts. I could never get the new theme to take its place, even though I re-downloaded in case of corruption somewhere, and put everything in its proper folder.

I even went to #phpbb on IRC and chatted with an op - it seemed I was doing everything right. Kinda makes one wanna give up...but I'm going to hang in there, even if it means paying someone to install the damned thing for me.

Thanks.
Once you get everything re-installed post back with the template you are trying to install.
If the solutions posted above worked can you add [SOLVED] to beginning the subject of your first post to help others? Click on the "EDIT" button next to your FIRST post in the thread.
Click the following: Help for Newbies | Support Request Template
No PM's Please

Rat Fink

Post by Rat Fink »

Appreciate it very much, AJK. Thread is bookmarked already.

Rat Fink

Post by Rat Fink »

Ok ... I have reinstalled phpbb, downloaded and exported the notebored theme, and FTP'd it all to my server. All looks good from there.

Notebored is listed in my Styles Administration Panel. But when I select it, it doesn't show up. Subsilver is still the resident theme.

Am I missing a step? I thought that when you exported a theme, it should appear. Do I need to fill in all the information on the "Create Theme" form? If so, where do I get it? All that's listed on the "Create Theme" page is the title in the drop-down "Template" menu. I filled in notebored.css as the stylesheet to use.

Sorry to appear thick. I just can't make sense of the tutorials...no left brain.

Any step-by-step help would be appreciated.

Feeling kinda silly,
RF

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

exporting and that section of the styles area have nothing to do with installing a style

you just upload the style folder to the templates folder right beside the subSilver folder,

then, in your admin panel/styles section, you click on add, then on the right side you should see it listed, you click on install.

now , you go to your profile and choose it. or if you want it to be the default for everyone, you go to the configuration section of the admin panel and choose it and then check the yes button for override users.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?

Rat Fink

Post by Rat Fink »

Do you mean this panel/styles section? After all the installation/exporting/FTP'ing to my server, my Styles Admin/Add screen looks like this:

Nothing has ever been listed there - not even subsilver. Am I in the wrong panel?

Lumpy Burgertushie

no, that is the correct place. using ftp , check to see that thte style folder is where it is supposed to be ( beside subSilver ) make sure it is named correctly. noteBored is correct, notebored is not.

also, inside the noteBored folder are two files that have to be correct as well

noteBored.cfg and noteBored.css

when all of that is correct , then you should see it on that page to install it from.

robert

Rat Fink

Post by Rat Fink »

Robert - check if you would, please:

* I re-FTP'd noteBored, after first deleting it just to be thorough (I had my FTP client set to force lower case - it's now changed, thanks).

* noteBored.cfg and noteBored.css are named correctly.

* I re-exported it. Admin panel said it was successful and ready to use, and to go to the "Add" screen to implement it.

* The Add screen is still blank, like the screen shot above. Cleared history and cache - even viewed it in IE. No change.

I'll take any more suggestions you might have. Do I need to do anything in the "Edit Theme" screen? Gawd - I might be hopeless.

RF

Lumpy Burgertushie

I don't understand what you are doing with the export function. that has nothing to do with installing a style.

like I said, just upload it to the templates folder, then click the add link and it should show up fo install. don't mess with the export thing at all.

robert

Lumpy Burgertushie

well, the files are there , in the right place and named correctly. I can see them.

so it should show up in the add colum, unless of course, it is already installed.

robert

Lumpy Burgertushie

hey, it is already installed, that is why you can't see it in the install column.

I just registered and switched to in for my profile.

robert

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”