ACP Problems

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Lobo_UU

ACP Problems

Post by Lobo_UU » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:47 am

Code: Select all

the User List'; // // Admin Userlist End // // // Version Check // $lang['Version_up_to_date'] = 'Your installation is up to date, no updates are available for your version of phpBB.'; $lang['Version_not_up_to_date'] = 'Your installation does not seem to be up to date. Updates are available for your version of phpBB, please visit http://www.phpbb.com/downloads.php to obtain the latest version.'; $lang['Latest_version_info'] = 'The latest available version is phpBB %s.'; $lang['Current_version_info'] = 'You are running phpBB %s.'; $lang['Connect_socket_error'] = 'Unable to open connection to phpBB Server, reported error is:
%s'; $lang['Socket_functions_disabled'] = 'Unable to use socket functions.'; $lang['Mailing_list_subscribe_reminder'] = 'For the latest information on updates to phpBB, why not subscribe to our mailing list.'; $lang['Version_information'] = 'Version Information'; // // Login attempts configuration // $lang['Max_login_attempts'] = 'Allowed login attempts'; $lang['Max_login_attempts_explain'] = 'The number of allowed board login attempts.'; $lang['Login_reset_time'] = 'Login lock time'; $lang['Login_reset_time_explain'] = 'Time in minutes the user have to wait until he is allowed to login again after exceeding the number of allowed login attempts.'; // // That's all Folks! // ------------------------------------------------- ?>
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/MYSITE/public_html/forums/language/lang_english/lang_admin.php:768) in /home/MYSITE/public_html/forums/includes/functions.php on line 832
So I checked the includes/functions.php and this is what lines 831-833 look like

Code: Select all

// Behave as per HTTP/1.1 spec for others
	header('Location: ' . $server_protocol . $server_name . $server_port . $script_name . $url);
	exit;
I have NO clue how to fix this or why it happened. An admin that can't get into the ACP is soooo wrong :lol:

Lobo_UU

Post by Lobo_UU » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:47 am

Would it be a bad idea if I downloaded the whole .zip of the forum files and uploaded them overwriting the current screwy files or would that crash my board farther?

At least as of right now it's just disabled and I can't get in to reopen it but it's at least still there.

espicom

Post by espicom » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:10 am

For some reason, some of your PHP files are being written to the server output, rather than being executed. This could happen if the leading "<?php" were missing... Anything not surrounded by "<?php" and "?>" tags is considered to be HTML, and sent out.
Jeff
Fixing 1016/1030/1034 Errors | (obsolete link) | MySQL 4.1/5.x Client Error | phpBBv2 Logo in ACP
Support requests via PM are ignored!
"To be fully alive is to feel that everything is possible." - Eric Hoffer

Lobo_UU

Post by Lobo_UU » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:33 am

I did a throughout check on every line to make sure the tags are where they should be.. I even threw it into a webprogramming program and all the lines were pink (non-standard a.k.a. not HTML) and there were no black (html) lines... perhaps a full spectrum of the file would be a help with this...

...Perhaps not. One thing though is that I do have EasyMOD installed but I don't have anything else on there as far as I know. At least there shouldn't be anything other than EasyMOD on there that I'm aware of.
Last edited by Lobo_UU on Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

espicom

Post by espicom » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:45 am

(output started at /home/MYSITE/public_html/forums/language/lang_english/lang_admin.php:768)

The problem isn't in functions.php. It's in lang_admin.php, at line 768 or so, where something is causing browser output.

By the way, please remove the code section from your message above; it isn't needed, and it just pushes everything down, making it hard to find the answers.... :wink:
Jeff
Fixing 1016/1030/1034 Errors | (obsolete link) | MySQL 4.1/5.x Client Error | phpBBv2 Logo in ACP
Support requests via PM are ignored!
"To be fully alive is to feel that everything is possible." - Eric Hoffer

Lobo_UU

Post by Lobo_UU » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:58 am

Should I perhaps just overwrite a fresh language directory? I've noticed a bunch of ".php.txt" ".php.php" and ".php.txt.php" files in there that may be mucking it up.

Lobo_UU

Post by Lobo_UU » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:02 am

OMG! Deleteing the lang_english directory and uploading a fresh one from the main current forum download worked.. THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME PIN POINT THE PROBLEM!

I'd say I love you but you'd might take that weird.. *thumbs up*

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”