Saving private messages?

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Mr. Penguin

Saving private messages?

Post by Mr. Penguin »

Is there a way to easily download/save all of my PM's in one sweep instead of going into each one every time?

I would like to keep record of my PM's, but not having to spend time saving one at a time.

Thanks!! ;)

Bobby
Black Fluffy Lion
Former Team Member

Post by Black Fluffy Lion »

By "save" do you mean move them to your savebox or actually download them? There is a Mark All button which you can press to select all your messages, and then move them into the savebox in one go.
Mr. Penguin

Post by Mr. Penguin »

Oh, I was referring to downloading them so I can clear out my body on the server.

I think it would be really nice to be able to download them in text files inside of a zip file (all at once), or even one big long text file or something! 8)

Thanks!!
Bobby
starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj »

I use httrack to save them as static html files so I can view them offline or make backups.
Admin ToolKit v2.1a - An Admins most helpful tool for user management. Now Supports Mass User Deletion!
Change User's: names, passwords, emails, active status and avatar/pm permissions.
Ban/Unban Users, change Post and Resync Counts, and promote/demote users to admin.
Completely independent from your phpbb user account settings. No installation required, just upload one file.
User Upload ToolKit Beta - A quick and easy, 30 second-install, attachment mod. Now Supports Dynamic Thumbnails!

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”