Missing "Register" Button

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Rat Fink

Missing "Register" Button

Post by Rat Fink »

I've done a search and noticed that this problem has come up before. I have contacted the author in hopes of getting a response, because I do like this theme (ashRetro) and have done a lot of work customizing it. Could someone look at my code to see if there's something amiss? I have my overall_header.tpl file uploaded to the correct subdirectory, and the only thing I've changed in it is the heading graphics.

http://www.darlenedifrances.com/forum

Even on the original download page, I notice that there is no "register" button. Bummer.... I wonder why someone would make a theme for a forum without a register feature - am I mental?

On my admin panel, under General Configuration/Enable account activation, I have the "user" radio button selected. Should I have checked something else?

Thanks for any guidance here.

RF
sanejane

Post by sanejane »

post the link to where u got it from, will be easier to help you imo.
Rat Fink

Post by Rat Fink »

sanejane

Post by sanejane »

hi Rat Fink,
totally forgot to check that link :)

it's funny indeed the button is missing, even in the demo pic its missing.
but if you like that theme maybe u should consider finding that font and adding your own button/link to the header. if u know some graphics it shouldn't be too hard.
Rat Fink

Post by Rat Fink »

Howdy Jane:

It's fixed! I used the closest thing to the original font as I could find and made my own graphic. Check it out if you like:

http://www.darlenedifrances.com/forum/

Cheers,
RF
sanejane

Post by sanejane »

psss, I am impressed. this looks awesome, just bold/sharp it and u can't tell the difference :) really nice job.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”