400 user in 5minutes .... help please

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Newkirk

Post by Newkirk »

Marshalrusty wrote:
sofiano wrote:will it help if i make it Admin acctivation instead of e-mail ???
Newkirk wrote: Yes.

care to elaborate?

I was thinking that if the spam bot wanted to mass register, the registration wouldn't be official until it was activated via e-mail resulting in alot of spam e-mail. Now even though she would have a ton off spam in her e-mail system the bot's reistration wouldn't officially be complete. lol
I am available on AIM and MSN for support.
Please do not ask me until you have use the Knowledge Base and you have searched using the proper format.
Click here to download the internet!
-jm-
Former Team Member

Post by -jm- »

sofiano wrote: i mean how they doing it??!!

there's a perl script around ... lame kiddies download it and make it run (using anonymous proxies) to DOS server where your site is located.
So they try to make the server crash or to annoy server owner.

Doing this they can be proud with their friends for being the most brainless of the crew :P
-jm- (a.k.a. juanm) - *NO* private support
Hacked?
With so many beautiful colors in the world it’s a shame to make everything black and white - Dennis R. Little
my links: tips&stuff :: stuff only
sofiano

Post by sofiano »

-jm- wrote:
sofiano wrote: i mean how they doing it??!!

there's a perl script around ... lame kiddies download it and make it run (using anonymous proxies) to DOS server where your site is located.
So they try to make the server crash or to annoy server owner.

Doing this they can be proud with their friends for being the most brainless of the crew :P

:lol: thanks for the explination brov...

but am using mxSoccer theme and the admin panel doesnt contain the visual confirmation (VC) option.. how can i add it to that theme please!!!?
Newkirk

Post by Newkirk »

Make sure that you are going to ACP>General Admin>Configuration>General Board Settings>Enable Visual Confirmation
I am available on AIM and MSN for support.
Please do not ask me until you have use the Knowledge Base and you have searched using the proper format.
Click here to download the internet!
sofiano

Post by sofiano »

Newkirk wrote: Make sure that you are going to ACP>General Admin>Configuration>General Board Settings>Enable Visual Confirmation

thats what am sayin' the theme am using doesnt have this option VC so i want to add it... any mod?
-jm-
Former Team Member

Post by -jm- »

Take a look in styles forum ... There are two stickies about how to update outdated styles
-jm- (a.k.a. juanm) - *NO* private support
Hacked?
With so many beautiful colors in the world it’s a shame to make everything black and white - Dennis R. Little
my links: tips&stuff :: stuff only
JinFury

Post by JinFury »

Or have a read here.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”