Installation Error

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Newkirk

Installation Error

Post by Newkirk »

I was trying to drag and drop the phpBB2 folder and I ran into a problem where my FTP program wouldn't install the "language" and "template" folders so I had to put them in seperate. I changed config.php chmod to 666 and everthing I have done in the past and when I tried to install it, it came up with an error. I have installed phpBB about 15 times before and I have never seen this error:
Welcome to phpBB 2 Installation

Install

An error has occurred during installation
An error occurred trying to update the database

Could not insert board_startdate :: INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('board_startdate', 1143415148) :: 888 :: /home/www/myphpbbsupportsite.awardspace.com/phpBB2/install/install.php

Could not insert default_lang :: INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('default_lang', 'english') :: 895 :: /home/www/myphpbbsupportsite.awardspace.com/phpBB2/install/install.php

Could not insert default_lang :: UPDATE phpbb_config SET config_value = 'shortynewk@yahoo.com' WHERE config_name = 'board_email' :: 912 :: /home/www/myphpbbsupportsite.awardspace.com/phpBB2/install/install.php

Could not insert default_lang :: UPDATE phpbb_config SET config_value = '/phpBB2/' WHERE config_name = 'script_path' :: 912 :: /home/www/myphpbbsupportsite.awardspace.com/phpBB2/install/install.php

Could not insert default_lang :: UPDATE phpbb_config SET config_value = '80' WHERE config_name = 'server_port' :: 912 :: /home/www/myphpbbsupportsite.awardspace.com/phpBB2/install/install.php

Could not insert default_lang :: UPDATE phpbb_config SET config_value = 'myphpbbsupportsite.awardspace.com' WHERE config_name = 'server_name' :: 912 :: /home/www/myphpbbsupportsite.awardspace.com/phpBB2/install/install.php

Could not update admin info :: UPDATE phpbb_users SET username = 'Newkirk', user_password='d914e3ecf6cc481114a3f534a5faf90b', user_lang = 'english', user_email='shortynewk@yahoo.com' WHERE username = 'Admin' :: 923 :: /home/www/myphpbbsupportsite.awardspace.com/phpBB2/install/install.php

Could not update user_regdate :: UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_regdate = 1143415148 :: 930 :: /home/www/myphpbbsupportsite.awardspace.com/phpBB2/install/install.php

I can show you my FTP logs if you want. There are a bunch of errors but I didn't see anything missing besides those two folders.
I am available on AIM and MSN for support.
Please do not ask me until you have use the Knowledge Base and you have searched using the proper format.
Click here to download the internet!
Theangryone

Post by Theangryone »

Is it normal to have insert into and update commands? have you tried to run those sqls directrly in the database using phpmyadmin?
Newkirk

Post by Newkirk »

Could you tell me how to using a little bit more detail please?
Please do not ask me until you have use the Knowledge Base and you have searched using the proper format.
quick5pnt0

Post by quick5pnt0 »

I'm far from a mysql expert, but are you sure your database isnt populated with that information alread? Such as you went to the install page twice or clicked back at some point?
Try going to phpmyadmin (if you have it) and see if your username and such is already in there.
Theangryone

Post by Theangryone »

you should have access to the databases on your hosting companies, most of them use phpMyadmin webtool, there you can see all your mysql databases you have, you select the one in question, click the SQL tab and input:

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('board_startdate', 1143415148);

see what error it gives you.
Newkirk

Post by Newkirk »

I know that I have to erase things that are already there. If they were there I would have the 'Table phpbb_auth_access already exists' error wouldn't I?
Theangryone

Post by Theangryone »

if you used the drop table option in the backup.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”