file permissions in windows xampp

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
ozzy214

file permissions in windows xampp

Post by ozzy214 »

Im having issues with changing file permissions on a windows server running xampp. Every time i try to change it I get a 500 not authorized message. Any ideas how to do this? Thje reason Im posting here is Im having issues with ohobb and I think that is the problme. And the permissions seem to be wrong.
_ollie_

Post by _ollie_ »

500 errors are server related, not phpBB related, have a chat with your host.
ozzy214

Post by ozzy214 »

Like I said this is a xampp server. Meaning its my own server running xampp and I cant figure out why the heck I cant chnage permissions. I using firezilla for the ftp server and set all permissions to change stuff. So I dotn get it.....
_ollie_

Post by _ollie_ »

Yes but what you are not following is that this is a site for supporting the phpBB Software.

See if this site helps: http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html
ozzy214

Post by ozzy214 »

Yes but this is a problem regarding phpbb and I was hoping someone here was running xampp and knew what to do. Thanks for the link. I been googling till im blue in the face
Bobble

Post by Bobble »

_ollie_ wrote: 500 errors are server related, not phpBB related.
ozzy214

Post by ozzy214 »

Alright screw it. Every time I get here my posts get locked and I get no help if I mention the evil word MOD or whatever. So FUCK it! Im going over to invision board and pay them. At least I would get a quality product. Not some SHIT that can be hacked by injection in ten minutes by a 10 year old. AND certainly not something that requires server permissions when you cant set them on a windows server. I think. SO BYe and cancel my fucking account
_ollie_

Post by _ollie_ »

Good luck with your new forum.
SER

Post by SER »

Thanks for stopping by, and have a nice day.
Visual Guide to Avatar Galleries
The Unoficial Staff Forum For The Unofficial Support Team | Join me at HauntX Remember, if it's Haunted, it's here!
"Support helps those who help themselves." | "You can lead a fool to wisdom, but you cannot make him think."
Anon
Former Team Member

Post by Anon »

This topic's run it's course. locked

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”