Installation.

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
JustTesting123

Installation.

Post by JustTesting123 »

Hey guys I am trying to follow the videos on how to install the software on to my FTP server. I got stuck at 2 things:

1) WHen I have to change config.php from permissions 644 to 666 it says:
FILE TRANSFER LOG
Request denied.
Verify that the file or folder exists and that you have the necessary permissions on the server to perform the requested operation

And

2) it says to point to your browser and open up the broswer to the install.php. When I do that, it doesnt open up the software instead it gives me a big long code.
Black Fluffy Lion
Former Team Member

Post by Black Fluffy Lion »

The second problem is much more important than the first. It sounds like your host does not have PHP installed, which is required for phpBB. Who is your host?
JustTesting123

Post by JustTesting123 »

ahhh ok thanks. I am a newb when it comes to hosting and domain names. I just purchased a little BS Domain name to try out... I now see that my host, 50webs.com, does not support php if your a cheapo like me. :? you have to be a premium member for php to work

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”