SOLVED-Problem with quote in 2.0.20 (solution on last post)

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
AmbiWeb

Post by AmbiWeb »

Found one ( http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/1608 ) but It's 2.0.6 - Will this really work?
asinshesq
Name: Alan

Post by asinshesq »

AmbiWeb wrote: Found one ( http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/1608 ) but It's 2.0.6 - Will this really work?

That's the one I use, and it works fine. Best of all. you won't have to edit a single phpbb file when you install it!

(While ou're at it, you may want to install the user stat resync mod by the same author.)
AmbiWeb

Post by AmbiWeb »

Ok, tried the mod but it was not working in my case. The problem was that I had entries in the posts table but not in the posts_text table. I solved the problem this way:

I used

SELECT * FROM posts p WHERE (SELECT COUNT(*) FROM posts_text pt WHERE p.post_id = pt.post_id) = 0;

SELECT * FROM topics t WHERE (SELECT COUNT(*) FROM posts p WHERE p.topic_id = t.topic_id) = 0;

to find all broken posts and topics, deleted them, than I resynced the forums...

Thanks for your help anyway...
Last edited by AmbiWeb on Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
juraj

Post by juraj »

I have the same problem too, but this thread is too long for me to read and I'm in a hurry, looking for a quick solution. Any advice?
miccom

Post by miccom »

juraj wrote: I have the same problem too, but this thread is too long for me to read and I'm in a hurry, looking for a quick solution. Any advice?

just one page away from your post... 8O

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 13#2086413
karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple »

karlsemple wrote: there is an official fix now

open functions_post.php and find

Code: Select all

$message = addslashes($message);
After add

Code: Select all

$message = str_replace('"', '\"', $message);

Please note the above fix is the one which should be used as this is the one taken from the cvs of the next release. It is only slightly different, but different all the same, so anyone else you may want to make sure you have this one :)

Posting the solution again so it is the last in the topic and then locking it :) Locking it so the solution is on the end for all to see and users will not have to wade through 15 odd pages of posts. Plus this topic has reached its conclusion with the solution now present!

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”