Cosntant Refresh

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Sippy

Cosntant Refresh

Post by Sippy »

I see where the hacker went into my SQL DB and changed

the site name to their link. I went and erased it and put my site name in...

but now it keeps refreshing CONSTANTLY

the code looks like this:
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; URL=http://www.sipofperfection.com/forum">

What do I need to change it too to make it stick to my page only?
Bartender Extrodinaire

ckwalsh
Former Team Member
Name: Cullen Walsh

Post by ckwalsh »

It should be in your templates overall_header file

Sippy

Post by Sippy »

So how do I do that and how did that domain get there.. What should it be. I really know nothing about SQL.
Bartender Extrodinaire

pentapenguin
Former Team Member

Post by pentapenguin »

Use the Starfoxtj Admin Toolkit and run the security checker to fix your site description.
Support Resources: Support Request Template
If you need professional assistance with your board, please contact me for my reasonable rates.

Sippy

Post by Sippy »

The funny thing is I finally figured out how to get this installed. It says that everything is fine. But its clear it is not. I am deleted as the admin and other people are admins..
Bartender Extrodinaire

ckwalsh
Former Team Member
Name: Cullen Walsh

Post by ckwalsh »

Sippy wrote: The funny thing is I finally figured out how to get this installed. It says that everything is fine. But its clear it is not. I am deleted as the admin and other people are admins..

Then use the toolkit to remove them as admins and add yourself.

pentapenguin
Former Team Member

Post by pentapenguin »

Fill out a report to the Incident Tracker so someone can investigate further and see if you were hacked....
Support Resources: Support Request Template
If you need professional assistance with your board, please contact me for my reasonable rates.

Sippy

Post by Sippy »

Brainy wrote:
Sippy wrote:The funny thing is I finally figured out how to get this installed. It says that everything is fine. But its clear it is not. I am deleted as the admin and other people are admins..

Then use the toolkit to remove them as admins and add yourself.

Like I said this sounds simple but I need specifics as to where to add myself as an admin. They have deleted my user name all together there is no where to add an admin. I have to register and all of that, how can I register and make myself and admin if I do not have access to the admin panel..
Bartender Extrodinaire

Sippy

Post by Sippy »

pentapenguin wrote: Fill out a report to the Incident Tracker so someone can investigate further and see if you were hacked....

I know for a fact I was b/c it pointed to someone elses domain name and it was an hacker.

Additionally I filled out a report on 3/26 and one today and no one has ever answered me..
Bartender Extrodinaire

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”