Whole Board Gone, Topics and Deleted as Admin

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Sippy

Whole Board Gone, Topics and Deleted as Admin

Post by Sippy »

I hope someone is reading all of my posts I am BEGGING FOR HELP HERE!

I can not now get in at all b/c its deleted me as an admin.. even the hidden username I had will not allow me in.

Can someone please HELP here...
Bartender Extrodinaire

ckwalsh
Former Team Member
Name: Cullen Walsh

Post by ckwalsh »

Use the Admin Toolkit to add yourself back as an admin

Sippy

Post by Sippy »

this sounds stupid but how do I do that. I dont see how to add myself back in..
Bartender Extrodinaire

ckwalsh
Former Team Member
Name: Cullen Walsh

Post by ckwalsh »

Did you get it set up? Click the red security scan and remove the people that are not supposed to have admin powers, and anything that pops up as yellow or red. Then on the front page select your username and at the bottom use the "With selected promote to admin" option.

Sippy

Post by Sippy »

Brainy wrote: Did you get it set up? Click the red security scan and remove the people that are not supposed to have admin powers, and anything that pops up as yellow or red. Then on the front page select your username and at the bottom use the "With selected promote to admin" option.

Naw Brainy thanks for asking...I didnt there was nothing in red nor yellow..

This hacker went into the board and deleted me as the admin. All my posts were gone. He changed all the names of the forums and deleted topics.. made people admins that had not been there in a while.

My easiest solution is have the hosting site restore the board to a good point and then I re-update it with the latest version.. I willneed to redo all the mods aswell..
Bartender Extrodinaire

starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj »

Yes, in this case (since unrecoverable damage was done: deleted information) you need to restore from a backup.

And as you said, make sure you get updated to 2.0.20 right after your board is back up.
Admin ToolKit v2.1a - An Admins most helpful tool for user management. Now Supports Mass User Deletion!
Change User's: names, passwords, emails, active status and avatar/pm permissions.
Ban/Unban Users, change Post and Resync Counts, and promote/demote users to admin.
Completely independent from your phpbb user account settings. No installation required, just upload one file.
User Upload ToolKit Beta - A quick and easy, 30 second-install, attachment mod. Now Supports Dynamic Thumbnails!

Sippy

Post by Sippy »

starfoxtj wrote: Yes, in this case (since unrecoverable damage was done: deleted information) you need to restore from a backup.

And as you said, make sure you get updated to 2.0.20 right after your board is back up.

They restored my board through the night but the hackers had something int here again and it went right back.

So now they restored it this morning and password protected the whole thing. Commencing to update as we speak..
Bartender Extrodinaire

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”